cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Spen features not working properly

@userS85TwswUK6 wrote:

I have a new Galaxy Note 10+. I've had the last two note models and the Spen seems to work differently on this one. When I go to screen goto screen write and it captures the image of the screen, it shrinks it down. In the previous notes it would be a full size photo. This smaller image makes it much harder to write and diagram on. On top of that, my different pen tips do not work. When I select the highlighter mode it still gives me a super fine point and same with all the other tips.

A lot of people seem to have a real problem with the Note 10+ and it's active area window displayed when selecting screen write. It's not a malfunction, or any kind of a problem at all. All Note phones had some method of zooming and panning an image... the 10+ is no different, except for the active area window. It displays your entire image in the window, but to do any mark-up or notations you have to zoom in to the area you're interested in. You said "in previous notes it would be a full size photo." That's not true. If you took a picure of your car with your phone, and stored that picture in your phone, would the picture be the same size as your car? Of course not! On your phone it would only be a couple of inches, max. So if you wanted to erase the hood ornament (if you had one) on your car in the photo, you'd have to zoom in on the front end of your car in the photo to see it, erase it, zoom back out and save the edited photo.

The only difference between the Note 10 and previous Notes is the actual visual display of the active editing area. On the older Notes you still had to zoom in and out to see everything in a large image, you just didn't have a little box there to confuse you.

Highlighted
Astronaut

MHWebb, you seem to have a problem understanding anything outside of your own view.  Nobody is marking up a floor plan,  so stop talking about it.  Everyone is marking up a screen shot of the phone and 90% of the time that could be done without any zoom when the screen shot was still screen size like it was on earlier models.  I use it send text images of how to operate computer for our motors to customers and never needed to zoom ever.  Now I have to zoom 90% of the time and it takes longer on the largest screen I've ever had. Get it, yes good, no then quietly figure it out.

Highlighted
Constellation

It’s now May 2020 and still no fix. 
The problem is we bought note series because it has bigger screen so it doesn't hurt our eyes. Now that there is a crop area, we have to "spend more time" Pinch, zoom in ,zoom out while none of this needs to happen if there is no crop area just like any other notes. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

And i thought it was just me . As soon as u write in it the screen croos down.  Very frustrating and seems like another lost feature from earlier phones..I still miss the ir blaster to change channels on TVs all over the place including doctors office etc 

Highlighted
Asteroid

I agree with you 100%.  It made no sense at all to change this.