cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userS85TwswUK6
Astronaut

Spen features not working properly

I have a new Galaxy Note 10+. I've had the last two note models and the Spen seems to work differently on this one. When I go to screen goto screen write and it captures the image of the screen, it shrinks it down. In the previous notes it would be a full size photo. This smaller image makes it much harder to write and diagram on. On top of that, my different pen tips do not work. When I select the highlighter mode it still gives me a super fine point and same with all the other tips.

9 REPLIES 9
userREfSRehbDS
Constellation

The air suggestions doesn't work for me. Any recommendati...

The air suggestions doesn't work for me. Any recommendations?

Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Spen features not working properly

@userS85TwswUK6 wrote:

I have a new Galaxy Note 10+. I've had the last two note models and the Spen seems to work differently on this one. When I go to screen goto screen write and it captures the image of the screen, it shrinks it down. In the previous notes it would be a full size photo. This smaller image makes it much harder to write and diagram on. On top of that, my different pen tips do not work. When I select the highlighter mode it still gives me a super fine point and same with all the other tips.

It does shrink it down in the immediate editing window but the shot is saved full size. 

It sounds like on the width you may have the narrowest width selected. When you open the screen write window, click on the dot on the bottom all the way to the right. This will allow you to select a wider brush. 

aperk0429
Constellation

You need to contact Samsung Support. They can help with a...

You need to contact Samsung Support. They can help with all the troubleshooting and can help with replacing your pen. Had the same problem with mine.

userHdmsflJ6WN
Constellation

I also have had the last 5 Note Models and none of them shrank the screen during a screen write.

"Hey Samsung"

Please fix this Shrinking of the image during screen write with the S-Pen...

It it Very Annoying to say the least.

MHWebb
Constellation

@userHdmsflJ6WN wrote:

I also have had the last 5 Note Models and none of them shrank the screen during a screen write.

"Hey Samsung"

Please fix this Shrinking of the image during screen write with the S-Pen...

It it Very Annoying to say the least.

I don't see it as a problem at all. I used to do CAD on architectural projects that were in the scope of 150,000 square feet and up. There was no way to get the entire buildings floor plan on the screen at one time to even read the details, let alone do any mark-up on them! You had to enlarge the area you wanted to work on, within the active area of your screen. Same as on my Note 10+. In screen write, an active working area appears in a slightly reduced image. If you want to make a change, notation or some other modification, you simply zoom in on the portion of the image in question using the two-finger spread method, make your change or notations, pan around if necessary by moving the image with your finger, and then shrink it all back to the active area size using the two-finger pinch. Save it and you're done. Transfer it to a larger screen, like a computer, and it's all there, just like you saved it. How can you expect something the size of a cell phone screen to be able to handle large images any other way?

userIbx4OCH7IR
Constellation

I'm in complete agreement.  The shrinking down of the screen write image makes it all but impossible to write on and mark up.  None of the previous Notes did this.  For me personally, this is how I use the phone most often... May go back to the Note 9.

MHWebb
Constellation

@userIbx4OCH7IR wrote:

I'm in complete agreement.  The shrinking down of the screen write image makes it all but impossible to write on and mark up.  None of the previous Notes did this.  For me personally, this is how I use the phone most often... May go back to the Note 9.

There's nothing wrong with the s-pen. Maybe you just don't yet understand how to use it to it's full capacity. If your phone had a screen the size of a computer monitor that would be one thing, but it doesn't. It has an active area that displays your entire image, which is rarely large enough to make notations and mark-ups on. You have to zoom in on your image to make your changes. Simply enlarge your image using the two-finger spread method to zoom in on the area you're concerned with, pan around by moving the image with your finger, make your changes, and then shrink it all back down to the active area with a two-finger pinch. You can't really expect something the size of a cell phone screen to be able to display larger images with full clarity in such a small area, can you?

And as for the older Notes... (and I go all the way back to the Note 3)... they may not have displayed an active area window like the Note 10 does, but you still had the same problem with image clarity related to overall image size. Larger images (like a floor plan for a large building for example) had to be zoomed in on to mark-up specific areas. You still had the zoom and pan features, in one form or another, just not the visible active area window in the display.

MHWebb
Constellation

@userS85TwswUK6 wrote:

A lot of people seem to have a real problem with the Note 10+ and it's active area window displayed when selecting screen write. It's not a malfunction, or any kind of a problem at all. All Note phones had some method of zooming and panning an image... the 10+ is no different, except for the active area window. It displays your entire image in the window, but to do any mark-up or notations you have to zoom in to the area you're interested in. You said "in previous notes it would be a full size photo." That's not true. If you took a picure of your car with your phone, and stored that picture in your phone, would the picture be the same size as your car? Of course not! On your phone it would only be a couple of inches, max. So if you wanted to erase the hood ornament (if you had one) on your car in the photo, you'd have to zoom in on the front end of your car in the photo to see it, erase it, zoom back out and save the edited photo.

The only difference between the Note 10 and previous Notes is the actual visual display of the active editing area. On the older Notes you still had to zoom in and out to see everything in a large image, you just didn't have a little box there to confuse you.

userowqw0oRC1x
Asteroid

And i thought it was just me . As soon as u write in it the screen croos down.  Very frustrating and seems like another lost feature from earlier phones..I still miss the ir blaster to change channels on TVs all over the place including doctors office etc