cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user14F94hKA9H
Constellation

Sprint sim locked and invalid sim card notification

Does anyone is having issues activating the note 10+ and getting the same error saying that the "sim card is Locked power cycle the device and if the problem continues contact customer service" and then on the notification center says invalid sim card... this is a very expensive phone to be having so many problems already... I'm really thinking to keep my old iPhone X and return this phone 

11 REPLIES 11
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Sprint sim locked and invalid sim card notification

Hi @user14F94hKA9H, I hope you're doing well.

Is this a Sprint branded device? If so, is the sim card that is inserted a Sprint sim card?

Have you tried doing a factory reset in the device? I know it's new but I'd try that. Unfortunately, sim lock issues are going to be an issue from your carrier.

I'll be here to help as much as possible.

Take care!

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
Samsung Care Ambassador

Unlocked phones will get delay on activating on some carriers and according to a moderator here this issue will be resolve soon.

═════════════════════════════════════
If you post new question please specify your Phone model and Carrier.
If you like my comment please hit ♥
if I answer your question please hit the 'accept as solution' button
Samsung Care Ambassador

Hey @RedDragon, thanks for stopping by. Can you share a link to that so @user14F94hKA9H can have the latest news in this? 👍🏼

I hope you're doing well. Smiley Happy

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
Samsung Care Ambassador

@Rydah Lol of course here is the link samsungcole is addressing this issue https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Note10/Where-is-the-3D-Scanner/td-p/795069 

Samsung Care Ambassador

Awesome! You absolutely rock!!! 😄 Thanks @RedDragon 

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

Aimz
Constellation

I am a Manager at Sprint if it says invalid or locked sim...

I am a Manager at Sprint if it says invalid or locked sim either it is not activated, the wrong sim was put in it.. There is a misunderstanding that you can take a sim out of your old phone put it in your new phone and Boom done.. That is not true with our provisioning. Sprint activates with the imei and SIM card is like a tiny antenna that picks up the 3g, 4g, 4glte, 4glte advanced, 4g lte with Volte and 5g..

You can't use same sim fro. iPhone to android or even say an S7 to S8 ... yes its confusing..

Have the store activate it or if they said it is activated on your dial pad dial. ##update# and that will reset the provisioning

Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: I am a Manager at Sprint if it says invalid or locked sim...

yea since sprint runs through CDMA it sill needs to register the phone MEID or IMEI to the network. 

Highlighted
userv8HmV3Tl9g
Constellation

Re: I am a Manager at Sprint if it says invalid or locked sim...

Didn't work

userQ6eInnYhEL
Asteroid

After seeing all these negative post. I'm ready to ship p...

After seeing all these negative post. I'm ready to ship phone back and it has not even arrived yet.