cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bekillian
Cosmic Ray

Star Wars Edition Note 10 + Update Issues

The recent update to One UI caused some problems with the Star Wars Edition Note 10 + so I'm starting a list for others to add to so Samsung can push an update.

Dark Mode: when activated Dark Mode will override the theme in many locations making it obsolete and forcing those who want the theme to only use Light Mode. Out of the box Dark Mode couldn't be activated but it could be using #hex_ without effecting the theme. Now activating Dark Mode at all will not display the theme.

Settings Menu: the newly added 'Theme' menu heading is in purple instead of the red from the Dark Side RC theme.

Navigation Bar: the Dark Side RC theme used to make the Navigation Bar black with red buttons and now it is white with grey buttons.

Kylo Ren Boot Image: some users have reported that there's no longer loads with the Kylo Ren boot image.

Please Reply with any issues you have noticed that changed.

34 REPLIES 34
Lex092
Asteroid

Re: Star Wars Edition Note 10 + Update Issues

I have these same problems, as well as the app folders used to be hexagonal with the theme applied but now with the update they are square. I am most irritated by this and the inability to use dark mode. Hoping that Samsung will fix this ASAP!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@bekillian & @Lex092 Thank you for reaching out! I would like to look into this further for you. Will you please provide the following?

Model code of phone:

Software version:

Baseband version:

Service provider:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

bekillian
Cosmic Ray

Model code of phone: SM-N975U1

Software version: One UI 2.0

Baseband version: N975U1UES2BSLD

Service provider: ATT 

I bought this unlocked directed from Samsung. I have had it for less then a month. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you so much! I greatly appreciate your taking the time to provide it. Once I find out more about the missing aspects of the Star Wars features I will be sure to follow up with you.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

ThaSchocker
Astronaut

I'm having similar issues, the sounds for the theme I noticed some work and others don't. I have restarted and reapplied the theme several times, but it has remained the same.

Software version: One UI 2.0

Baseband version: N975U1UES2BSLC

Service provider: ATT 

userrFfVDpm8LI
Constellation

Any updates, there's quite a bit of us who purchased these phones for a substantial amount of money just to have our theme not working, our patience is wearing thin, I and possibly most of us owning this phone are die hard star wars fans, want to keep this phone and its uniqueness but cannot keep waiting for an update that you guys have yet to present. Please do not disappoint us! @SamsungRei 

Lex092
Asteroid

Hi @SamsungRei

Thank you so much for being willing to help with this! I bought the phone unlocked from Best Buy and have absolutely LOVED the Star Wars theme until the update rolled out and a lot of the features were lost. I am having all of the problems that @bekillian mentioned, as well as a glitch with the app folders (before the update they were black and hexagonal but are now the standard grey square). I am really hoping that you can help with all of the issues that we have mentioned, so that the theme will work seamlessly again with the update.

My phone info is: 

Software version: One UI 2.0; Android 10

Baseband version: N975U1UEU2BSLC

Service provider: T-Mobile (although the phone was purchased unlocked through Best Buy).

If you need anything else, please let me know and I am happy to help. And thank you again so much for looking into this!

user6UOknfyE5q
Constellation

Same issue here. Bought the phone unlocked. Glad iw this thread, I was about to return the phone to Amazon. Definitely not a good experience for a new Android user.

Model code of phoneSmiley FrustratedM-N975U1

Software version: UI 2.0

Service provider: factory unlocked using T-mobile SIM

Highlighted
userrFfVDpm8LI
Constellation

Software version: ONE UI 2.0

Service provider: T-mobile

I've been patiently waiting for an update and have not seen anything I would like for dark mode to work and for my app folders to return to their hexagonal shape as they were in the beginning.