cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Star Wars Edition Note 10 + Update Issues

I found a third-party app that offers app specific system dark mode which would really help but since it's third-party it wants you to either root the phone or you have to connect it to a computer everytime you reboot. There's NO SOLUTION because Samsung won't release what it probably a simple fix to the theme. I know there is a lot of crazy stuff going on in the world right now but that doesn't mean that this problem should stillbe going on without a fix. 

@SamsungZell @SamsungRei @Samsung

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

@SamsungJustin - I can appreciate that you've at least tried to reply after months of us not hearing anything but I don't think that's an acceptable answer anymore. It's the same thing we heard back in January when we first reported the problem. This is an extra expensive, special edition product that is less than a year old. I didn't even own mine 3 weeks before this update broke the thing I specifically paid for from Samsung. These bugs need to be fixed and telling us, 'we're working on it' isn't acceptable. We need an actual fix or some form of recompense for a product that is broken by no fault of our own and yet has not been fixed by the producer. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

My Star Wars Theme is completely gone. I could change the lock and home screen image but the theme and special sound features are all gone.

Highlighted
Asteroid

@SamsungRei @SamsungZell PLEASE HELP. We have been asking for these fixes since January and we were told by you that they would be looked into and that you would update us. We have heard absolutely nothing from you and we have reported this to Samsung numerous times. With every software update that comes, our concerns are not addressed. Please take care of your customers who spent extra money on this phone or direct us to someone that can.

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, Lex. We definitely understand your concerns. We are still looking into the situation actively and will provide updates as soon as we're able. We apologize for any inconvenience this situation has caused everyone. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Star Wars Special Edition Galaxy Note 10+: Please fix 'Night mode' and add more themed icons

Night mode just needs to be fixed for the Star Wars Special Edition. I think creating an update that would allow for a functional Night mode in these special edition models is not asking for too much considering how much we've paid for these devices. It's just such a critical and core feature to so many users (and myself). I understand that it is technically a 'theme' and that's why I receive an error 'Can't use Night mode while using a theme', but I was expecting that my experience was going to be like I was using a stock Note 10+, except there are some nice Star Wars gimmicks programed into the phone.

As a side note, I also feel we need more icons. I've been able to find an example online of what some people have been able to create on their own. While these examples are similar to the icons included on the phone, they aren't quite the same in quality or design. I would like to see more of the popular apps (Snapchat, Facebook, Chrome, Firefox, etc.) have custom icons designed that would fit this special editions focus.

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Star Wars Special Edition Galaxy Note 10+: Please fix 'Night mode' and add more themed icons

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Star Wars Special Edition Galaxy Note 10+: Please fix 'Night mode' and add..

@SamsungJace it's not a suggestion... It's called a bug

Highlighted
Constellation

Star Wars edition Note 10+ UI theme wiped (how do I recover)

I recently had to have my Star Wars edition Note 10+ repaired for a cracked screen and damaged LCD display by Samsung repair center. The repair was fantastic, I was worried it would be difficult considering it has the special red bezels, Star Wars logo on back,  as well as red Spen, but all was good. The only issue I have now however, is that the exclusive content Star Wars Dark Side theme is missing entirely from the phone. I assume that due to the data factory reset,  it wiped all premium content with it. Is anyone familiar with how to recover the content or install it without having to use one of the shady backdoor methods with custom UI builders?

Some info about the phone:

Model code: SM-N975U1

Software Version: one UI 2.1

Baseband Version: N975U1UEU3CTC9

Service Provider: Verizon (purchased through Best Buy)

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Star Wars edition Note 10+ UI theme wiped (how do I recover)

@darkart11392 I sincerely apologize! I'll be happy to look into this. Please send a private message with any ticket numbers you may have so I can research this further. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.