cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Star Wars Edition Note 10 + Update Issues

After 4 months and little to no actual communication from Samsung, it appears that the main issues have finally been addressed with a software update that came thru last night. As of this morning (5/7/2020) the Dark Side RC theme has been fixed for me - the icons are back, the settings menu is fixed, the pattern security lock look is back, Kylo's helmet shows on start-up, everything seems okay! Hopefully it stays that way!

Highlighted
Asteroid

Wow, can't wait to download this and check it out.

Hopefully it works out, and thanks to everyone here for pushing it.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Just downloaded the May 1 update and a major issue is definitely not fixed.

With light mode, you get the Dark Side RC theme.  This always worked for me.

With dark mode, you still lose the Dark Side theme everywhere.  Everything reverts back to default Samsung/Google theme.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

I noticed the same thing. I was hopefully about this update and excited when I saw that the Theme icon in Settings had changed from purple to red. That means that the theme has been updated for that icon at least. However, it is still impossible to use Dark Mode without effectively ruining the theme. 

While this may seem trivial to some people it really is a problem when there are so many apps that HAVE a dark mode option but it can only be activated by the system instead of a setting in the app itself, such as the Galaxy Store and Play Store. It's not just our theme that is effected but many other apps that are dependent on the system. 

I've noticed today that if I rotate my phone for video, such as Hulu, when I return to the home screen my background is still rotated and does not automatically return to portrait. I had to reapply the theme to fix it and 10 minutes later it happened again. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Same isuse with mine. The new update doesn't work. It also broke inbound calling. All calls go to voicemail and I get no notification of a missed call.

Stinks I spent all this money on the star wars edition phone and they can't make it work correctly.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Well another month and another update that appeared to include a theme update and yet STILL NO FIX. 

We've reported this issue 5 months ago and nothing has been done to fix it. 

@SamsungRei @SamsungZell @SamsungJustin @SamsungJace - please somebody listen to us instead of giving us the 'we're working on it' 

Highlighted
Astronaut

My animation boot is still not working. I've had this phone for 6 months already. Can i get an update on this matter?