cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SJScotto20
Constellation

Static noise through usb audio (note 10)

Hello:

I have recently purchased the new Note-10. There is a terrible hiss while using the USB headset. I have tried direct connect and USB-C to 3.5MM adapter. The problem still persists. I get this issue listening to music (all apps) and talking on the phone. Any idea how to correct this?

8 REPLIES 8
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Static noise through usb audio (note 10)

Thanks for reaching out.

What type of USB headset are you using? Have you tried using a different pair of headphones? Also, Have you made sure your device is currently up to date to the latest software?

SJScotto20
Constellation

Hello:

I have multiple headsets. The one that is USB, came with the phone. The others are 3.5MM  (MPOW & Anker) using a USB-C adaptor. I have the latest software version: N970USQU2BSL8 w/ Dec 1, 2019 Security patch. One UI Version 2.0,  Android Version 10

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you for confirming that. Does static happen with the AKG headphones that came with the device? Have you tried testing with any Bluetooth headsets to see if the static is still there?

JoshuaJ
Constellation

Hello, I have a similar issue, but my original headphones work just fine. I am using a Samsung Galaxy S10+. I purchased an official Samsung Type-C to 3.5mm audio adapter, which does not work in my vehicle. I get no audio whatsoever, but if I raise the volume, I get heavy static instead of my "haptic feedback". I originally purchased a 3rd party adapter which my phone quickly discarded for being a knockoff. Now that I have purchased the original adapter, it doesnt even work. I have 2 different official adapters, neither work. After they didnt work in the vehicle, I decided to test them out with headphones. I plugged in my old S7 Active headphones which use the 3.5mm and I have CONSTANT STATIC! If I wanted to be treated this way, I would go back to Apple. I choose Samsung for a reason.

SJScotto20
Constellation

Bluetooth and AKG headphones work well. I think I will try another type of USB-C to 3.5mm Dongle.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Yes, try that and keep us posted on the outcome.

Highlighted
SJScotto20
Constellation

Hello:

I have replaced the USB-C - 3.5MM dongle and the issue is fixed. Crystal Clear Sound. Thanks for the help. I used an ESR usb-c to 3.5 mm adapter/charger.

user56VQVHLYpf
Cosmic Ray

I get no hiss etc with the akg headphones or bluetooth head...I never had sound issues period