cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Stopping/interrupting notification sound

This is in regards to my Galaxy Note 10+.

I have a habit of using personal notification sounds. These sounds tend to be longer because I'm usually in a busy area and I want to make sure I hear it if I don't have the phone on me.

The question that I have is that, on a previous phone, when the notification was going off I could press the volume key and it would interrupt and stop the sound. I can't seem to do this with my Note 10+, or at least I can't seem to find a setting for it. I'm just talking about notifications. When I get a phonecall, pressing the volume button stops the notification but does not cancel the call.

Any idea out there, or is this just something that isn't available on the Note 10+?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Stopping/interrupting notification sound

Thank you for reaching out. This feature isn't available on the Note 10+. However, the notification will stop once the phone is unlocked if you swipe down the notification bar.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Stopping/interrupting notification sound

Similar issue, different phone (S9+). It was nice to be able stop a tone almost immediately by simply pressing a side key through the pocket instead of having to pull it out & swipe the notification bar/flip the phone over. If your hands are full or the bulk of your focus is required elsewhere...this feature was rather nice.

What phone models have this feature available?

&/or, will it be added in the future?

& if people are worried about accidentally stopping & missing notifications, there's the block accidental touch setting (Settings>Display>Accidental touch protection).