cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Supernova

Re: Stuck on in-call volume

"In-call speaker" - meaning earpiece speaker or something else?

userjFDbC7168N
Constellation

@Vantastic wrote:

My Note 10 Plus is experiencing a reoccuring problem where all sounds are played through in-call speaker and I'm only given control over that speaker.  This happens randomly while watching watching videos or playing games but always when I'm connected to my Galaxy Watch.  Although this began two days ago, it occured several times each day.

This of course sounds like a bluetooth problem.  However, in earlier forums where people complained about a similar issue, simply turning off bluetooth was enough.  In my case, the problem usually persists until the phone is restarted.  

My phone and the wearables app are all updated. 

Does anyone have any suggestions? Perhaps any apps that could be causing this? Is anyone else having this issue? 

Dear @Vantastic

Please check if any app is causing this issue.

I was facing this same issue, just resolved it by turning off "In-app Sounds" on Facebook Messenger from the app settings. 

Hope this may help.

May peace be upon you.   

user4P4sVhBKxE
Constellation

same issue here.. i don't know what's triggering it though. youtube videos, facebook videos etc goes thru the earpiece speakers and when you press the volume rocker, it only shows the in-call volume slider.

JakeGaming
Constellation

Happens on the s10+ as well

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@JakeGaming What troubleshooting steps have you tried in regards to your issue?

PhilipA
Asteroid

Happens on the S8 as well!  Someone must know what is causing this - it's infuriating!!

userc4wD9qlDoX
Constellation

Hey, I hope this works for you too. I've been trying to get the answer to this for about a week now. It's really frustrating. Samsung support I hope you read this and take in consideration my findings. I have the same issue as above. Stuck in `in call` volume. Because of this nothing is working properly sound related. What I discovered was that I have an app, more specifically Tellur, that was switching the phone to `in call` everytime I was watching a video camera on it even if the camera was on mute. After I was closing the app the `in call` volume was remaining active. To fix it without restarting of the phone I found that going back to the video camera app and turning off the mute option and then closing the app was indeed returning the sound to the `ringtone` volume. I also discovered that sometimes I was able to fix it by just making a short call to any number and closing the call really fast without letting it ring. But turning off mute on that video camera app is a permanent fix for me.

Enjoy!

Highlighted
userqtYpVMsezN
Constellation

Hi there, I think the problem is an app using a speaker.  I had the exact issue and did everything that the posts mentioned and no luck. 

I had installed a wifi surveillance camera with a built in speaker and started to get the problem, it appears if the speaker is left (when closing the app) the phone thinks it is in use.  Disable the speaker of any apps and that may fix the glitch.  Good luck.