cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vantastic
Constellation

Stuck on in-call volume

My Note 10 Plus is experiencing a reoccuring problem where all sounds are played through in-call speaker and I'm only given control over that speaker.  This happens randomly while watching watching videos or playing games but always when I'm connected to my Galaxy Watch.  Although this began two days ago, it occured several times each day.

 

This of course sounds like a bluetooth problem.  However, in earlier forums where people complained about a similar issue, simply turning off bluetooth was enough.  In my case, the problem usually persists until the phone is restarted.  

 

My phone and the wearables app are all updated. 

 

Does anyone have any suggestions? Perhaps any apps that could be causing this? Is anyone else having this issue? 

17 REPLIES 17
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Stuck on in-call volume

@userLtCvZStpXC Does this issue still while your phone is in safe mode?

Reply
Loading...
userNMkKTHkXgu
Constellation

Re: Stuck on in-call volume

Same issue here. Any answeres?

Reply
Loading...
user6wF7f2FcTV
Constellation

Re: Stuck on in-call volume

Try clearing your cache partition.  That fixed my phone.

Reply
Loading...
Supernova

Re: Stuck on in-call volume


@Vantastic wrote:

My Note 10 Plus is experiencing a reoccuring problem where all sounds are played through in-call speaker and I'm only given control over that speaker.  This happens randomly while watching watching videos or playing games but always when I'm connected to my Galaxy Watch.  Although this began two days ago, it occured several times each day.

 

This of course sounds like a bluetooth problem.  However, in earlier forums where people complained about a similar issue, simply turning off bluetooth was enough.  In my case, the problem usually persists until the phone is restarted.  

 

My phone and the wearables app are all updated. 

 

Does anyone have any suggestions? Perhaps any apps that could be causing this? Is anyone else having this issue? 


Don't connect your watch one day and test without it. 

I had some issues when my phone was connected to my car, and I receive a call, answer it through my car's stereo and after couple of minutes talking, the voice would switch to my watche's speaker


Reply
Loading...
Comet

Re: Stuck on in-call volume


@Charkatak wrote:

@Vantastic wrote:

My Note 10 Plus is experiencing a reoccuring problem where all sounds are played through in-call speaker and I'm only given control over that speaker.  This happens randomly while watching watching videos or playing games but always when I'm connected to my Galaxy Watch.  Although this began two days ago, it occured several times each day.

 

This of course sounds like a bluetooth problem.  However, in earlier forums where people complained about a similar issue, simply turning off bluetooth was enough.  In my case, the problem usually persists until the phone is restarted.  

 

My phone and the wearables app are all updated. 

 

Does anyone have any suggestions? Perhaps any apps that could be causing this? Is anyone else having this issue? 


Don't connect your watch one day and test without it. 

I had some issues when my phone was connected to my car, and I receive a call, answer it through my car's stereo and after couple of minutes talking, the voice would switch to my watche's speaker


 

 

Have you guys tried taking a bug report?  If you go into developers mode, scroll down to debugging and turn on Bug Report Shortcut. 

 

The info in that might help you target the problem.  Disclaimer lol.... I use to develop a lot of different stuff years ago and found this helpful but honestly haven't used it in years so I'm not sure what's changed or what info it will give but it may help locate turn problem.  

It sounds to me like theres a bug in your bluetooth set up and it's not recognizing that you've disconnected from your bluetooth  

 

Reply
Loading...
Comet

Re: Stuck on in-call volume

When this happens and you hit either volume button, up or down, and you pull down the volume drop down that appears, the other volume options are greyed out as if you had Do Not Disturb on? Or are you saying the in call volume is the only one you see at all?

Reply
Loading...
Samsung_xPuXR5S
Astronaut

A reboot 9 out of 10 fixes it

A reboot 9 out of 10 fixes it

Reply
Loading...
userQv1c2MC4PV
Constellation

Re: Stuck on in-call volume

This is happening to me after EVERY phone call it's just stuck, an update seemingly bugged it out and judging by how recent, it's an app update omg Samsung do something this is so annoying! I don't wanna restart my phone every time I get off a call if I wanna get my notification sounds or watch a video

Reply
Loading...
userWnA4e9Y5hs
Constellation

Re: Stuck on in-call volume


I have the same problem

Just tap on the end call button again and it will go back to the regular volume, works by me

@userQv1c2MC4PV wrote:

This is happening to me after EVERY phone call it's just stuck, an update seemingly bugged it out and judging by how recent, it's an app update omg Samsung do something this is so annoying! I don't wanna restart my phone every time I get off a call if I wanna get my notification sounds or watch a video


 

Reply
Loading...