cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Swipe to change apps?

I used to be able to swipe from the home button to the back button to change between my two most recently used apps, this no longer works after the oneUI 2.0 update. Was it removed or is it a setting i can reenable?

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Swipe to change apps?

Hello @Knucks ,

You can change it back by going into settings->display->navigation bar and then choose full screen gestures->more options

Hope this helps,and if it solves your problem, click it as a solution 😊

*if I have helped you, please like this post ❤️ If I have helped solve your problem, please mark this as a solution ✅ Hope you have a great day!
Highlighted
Constellation

Thank you, this isn't exactly the same but it is still very cool nonetheless. I preferred it when you could have the three buttons visible and swipe across home and back to switch between the two most recently used apps. But thank you again I appreciate it.

Highlighted
Constellation

yes ive noticed it is gone also after updating.

the above solution isnt good, the "slide from the sides" to go "back" key generates A LOT of wrong usses. and now after needing to go back to 3 buttons layout i cant change between apps quickly.

Highlighted
Asteroid

You have to go to settings>Display>Navigation bar> full gesture control> under more options and check the sensitivity to toggle the gesture, I have a note 10+ and I can tell you that it hasn't been removed, it actually got improved cuz now you can not only go back one app, but you can go back thru all the apps open on your app manager tab.

Highlighted
Asteroid

@ChayB97 I'm not sure what you are describing, but it's not what the original post by @Knucks  asked. The swipe from home to back was a toggle between the 2 most recent apps. I'm in the same boat - I used and abused that feature and now it's gone.I go to settings>Display>Navigation bar> full gesture control> under more options I have Gesture Hints, Show Button to Hide Keyboard and Block Gestures with S Pen. That's it. No mention of Sensitivity. 

Highlighted
Constellation

@Knucks @The1Metallian I found that if you enable Gesture Hints on with Full Screen Gestures chosen, then you can start left or right and swipe to the middle to change apps. Make sure your finger is touching the very bottom of the display.

Highlighted
Constellation

hey Smiley Happy this isnt working also. as you still need to change is to no buttons layout. the "slide from the sides" to go "back" key generates A LOT of wrong usses.

Highlighted
Asteroid

The solution was closer than we thought - double tap on the recent apps button. @Knucks 

Highlighted
Constellation

works slower than the swipe haha