cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

System UI SD Storage Notifications

I have had my Galaxy Note 10 for about 7 months now without any issues up until now. After a recent update I keep getting notifications about transferring files from the installed samsung 32gb SD card. I work as a professor for a local University and this is becoming more of a nuisance throughout my work day. Even when on silent this notification will show up more than 20 times a day and I have no ability to turn this notification off. After doing countless internet searches I found out that this has happened to others as well without any real solution to fix the problem. Hopefully it can be addressed here as I have no intention on keeping a phone that constantly disrupts my day. At this point I cant tell whether its an important text, another app or this stupid SD notification that has no real purpose. When I purchased my phone this was not a problem until now. I checked the associated application which is "System UI" and found out its sending more than 1000 notifications a day! Totally unexceptable!

950 Notifications @ 6:53am PST950 Notifications @ 6:53am PST

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Sun

Re: System UI SD Storage Notifications

Have you tried using a different SD card? It could possibly be the SD card that is causing this problem. Some SD cards over time can start to experience issues. I would trying using a good new SD card and see what happens. 

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Im using a recommended Samsung SD card. Also, the SD card is working in the phone. I can both read and write to it. I use my SD to backup data from the phone otherwise I would just remove it completely. I will try what you're suggesting however, I have removed the card and ran multiple scans and integrity checks. I've had this less than a year. Am I supposed to believe that I will need to replace the SD every 6 months to ensure it works with my Samsung phone? I work with Raspberry Pi's all the time and have yet to see a SD corruption problem. Perhaps I should convert it to a smart phone 😅. Anyway, I have dozens of SD's I will try and report back the results. Thanks!! 

Highlighted
Sun

Awesome. Hopefully it works 👍

Highlighted
Asteroid

So I tried 3 different new SD cards and received the same notification for all 3.

After more research it is clear that system notifications have changed! When trying to remove the "Transfer Media from SD" notification I can only change when this notification pops up. 15 minutes to 2 hours is the limit. This cannot be turned off! With that said, since unable to resolve... I will return this device and the gear watch that I purchased together. Not sure what Samsung was thinking... why would I need to see this notification pop up all day! Just absurd. Oh well, I ejoyed the Note 10+ when I first bought it....going back to the iPhone. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Unable to turn off some notifications! I'm curious if anyone else has this same problem or is it just my device? This makes no sense at all!!Screenshot_20200706-183813_Settings.jpg