cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Disk4mat
Cosmic Ray

Tags App

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Regarding the Note 10+ (and variants) After having updraged from the Note 8 I wasnt surprised that all image tags are gone from the gallery.

I proceeded to add a new tag to an image and after doing so saw the notification to add Tags to application screen. So I did. When I open the Tags app I can see the tag I created for the image. Pretty nice!

A few questions...

Will the Tags app sync with my Samsung Account?

Are the tags stored in the meta data of the image?

Are the tags stored in a database inaccessible to the user?

Basically, if I get another phone in the future what will become of all the tags I apply ti mages? Ive lost several hundred tagged images from my Note 8 and Im not gonna invest the time to restore the tags if there is no way to sync or save across devices.

There is no information about the Tags app in the Note manual.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Tags App

JUMP TO SOLUTION

1.) At this time we can't speculate if it will sync with the Samsung account in the future. I will be happy to tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

2.) No, the tags are not stored the meta data of the images.

3.) As for the database, we do have the tags app which can be turned on and it places an app in the app drawer of your device.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recommend reaching out to the developer regarding this.

Disk4mat
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Settings > About

Tags

Version 1.0.32

The latest version is already installed

- -

Package name: com.Samsung.android.service.tagservice

AFAIK this is a Samsung app. Its not listed on either the Galazy store or Google play. Preinstalled from Samsung.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

1.) At this time we can't speculate if it will sync with the Samsung account in the future. I will be happy to tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

2.) No, the tags are not stored the meta data of the images.

3.) As for the database, we do have the tags app which can be turned on and it places an app in the app drawer of your device.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.