cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Col_BatGuano
Asteroid

Re: Temperature too low

Mine did the same out of the blue today and now it won't power on at all because the battery is drained. No way to charge at all, now have a $1000 power weight thanks to samsung

userrrSkNSvbUO
Astronaut

Mine has done the same only being 4 months old. I was told to take it to service 4 hours away or mail it with turnaround being 11 days. Hopefully samsung will act on the several post that have flooded the internet for this problem.

@Col_BatGuano wrote:

Mine did the same out of the blue today and now it won't power on at all because the battery is drained. No way to charge at all, now have a $1000 power weight thanks to samsung

userVACPiUxsKd
Astronaut

I've seen this a few times already on phones with no further damage. No water damage, screen cracks, nothing.

Has this been recognized as a manufacturer issue yet? 

userh47KEv2Pek
Astronaut

I'm having the same issue.  I got my note 10 plus 5g about 34 days ago from Verizon and a few days ago I tried to charge my phone and it said charging has stopped because the temp is too cold to charge. Verizon and Samsung both told me that they would replace it with a refurbished one. I just paid $1200.00 for the phone a month ago and haven't done anything to the phone except treat it like a baby in a otterbox case and screen protector straight from the Verizon store so I don't feel like I should get stuck with a refurbished one when just bought the phone a month ago. Obviously I'm not the only one with this problem and I feel like I should get a new phone just like i paid for. Thanks ...

Juav
Constellation

I'm currently having the same issue! Samsung, what's the solution?

userF5DypQohfV
Constellation

I have the same problem with my Note 10. The temperature of the battery is showing at -4F as similarly written about by others on the internet. It therefore will not charge.  I called Samsung and the representative told me not to believe what I read on the internet. With comments like that, it sure sounds as if Samsung is denying the problem as they originally did with the Note 7. This is shameful behavior on the part of Samsung. 

userxIyKy9z53t
Constellation

It is very frustrating.  It happened the first time to me last week.  I took it to a certifed repair place and they fixed it for exactly 1 day.  Now it is back being repaired again.  Wow.  1200 dollar phone and i have to use my free lg to get by.  Not to mention working just long enough to complete moat of the reinstalation needed after i wiped the phone to give it to a repair shop.  

Samsung seems no not really have an idea why this is happening or any real intrest in supporting thier highest line product.  You would think after the other battery iszues this clmpany woukd have to dilligence to get this right. 

userKyZnEPFP8f
Constellation

I'm having the same issue. Same -4°F temperature reading from my battery. Samsung wants me to take my phone to a ubreakifix, who probably can not fix this problem, and then they wantme to mail it back to them. That will leave me without a phone for weeks. And then I will probably receive some refurbished phone. this is insane. I will never but Samsung again. Anybody have any luck with this issue?

Just got mine back from being repaired and when I plugged it in for the very first time guess what?  Low battery temp.  Really Samsung!  Admit there is a problem and just replace the bad phones.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@Samsung_l1QxhJ7 I would be happy to assist you further. Can I please have your ticket number in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.