cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userbGCnUVX193
Asteroid

Temperature too low

Two nights ago,  I plugged my Note 10+ in to charge and it randomly gave me a message that charging had stopped because the temperature was too low and would resume when it went back to normal. It wasn't freezing where I was and the phone didn't feel cold or hot to the touch. I installed an app to check the temp and it shows battery temp at -4°F. The first night it happened, I called t mobile customer support (who failed to provide a solution) and during the 12 minute phone call, the charge dropped from 35% to 4%. Later that night I kept the phone plugged in which prevents it from dying, it doesn't charge but doesn't discharge, and suddenly it went from 4% to 65% in about 10 min. Then it stopped charging and hasn't charged again since then. I've tried turning it off and on, starting in safe mode, tried charging while off, different charging blocks, outlets, cables, car chargers, external batteries. Nothing works. I feel like it's a hardware issue but has anyone had any luck with this?

10 REPLIES 10
Crfj1976
Asteroid

Re: Temperature too low

I've got the same problem. This is my second note 10+ with this problem. I had to trade my first 4 days after I got it for this same problem. Now my second is doing the same thing. We need a fix or a new phone. This is unacceptable with a product that costs this much.

user4WVs11Hb9X
Astronaut

Having the same problem with my Note 10+ plugged the charger in and got the same message charging stopped phones temperature too low. Have you had any luck figuring out what caused this or how to fix it

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I would be happy to assist you further. Can I please have your full model number and IMEI in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

userLdofWPD6Ra
Constellation

I also have the same issue. Mine started after that last update. Temp is the same ‐4° but phone is warm to touch.

I would suggest not even bothering to find a fix for this. Go straight to where you purchased the device from and get a replacement or a refund as soon as you can. Something that serious typically does not have a quick fix. If an issue seems too strange to be true it generally means the device is at fault. Good luck all.

Crfj1976
Asteroid

Same issue here. This is my second note 10+ and the second to developers this issue. I returned my first to sprint with a replacement. Sprint is telling me to contact samsung for this phones replacement.

uservsIWxFseaj
Astronaut

I have the same problem, I dont understand it, what can we do? Thanks 

Wett
Constellation

Man same here last mine did the same thing but mine just stays at one percent.while plugged in if not plugged in it just dies.  T mobile told me contact  Samsung and  Samsung says i  have to drive it to a store 35 miles away 

Col_BatGuano
Asteroid

Mine did the same out of the blue today and now it won't power on at all because the battery is drained. No way to charge at all, now have a $1000 power weight thanks to samsung