cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Holybohemian747
Constellation

Tempered Glass Screen Protector

Hello!

I work for a store that sells phone accesories. As expected since the release of the Note 10 & Note 10 Pro, I have been a lot of customers asking me the following question: Will a tempered glass screen protector affect the fingerprint scanner installed in the screen of the Note 10? 

I truly would like to answer them with details, anyone who can answer this question? 

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Tempered Glass Screen Protector

I know if you get a Whitestone Dome glass all you have to do is re register your fingerprints and it works great the screen protectors that use the loc glue is the best since it doesn't leave a air gap between the protector and screen 

Gary-B82-Ambassador-Signature2Note 10+ User on Verizon Wireless
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

The Note 10 series has a pre-installed screen protector already. So if you're wanting to upgrade the screen protector, this will need to be removed prior to installing the new one or the screen could have lots of different issues with touch sensitivity, including the fingerprint scanner. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Holybohemian747
Constellation

Thanks to both

Thanks to both

I'm having the same trouble too. I brought two different name brand screen protector tried so many times and finger print still doesn't READ!!! AND GLASS TEMPERED SCREEN PROTECTOR IS WHAT I Brought!!! 

PeteCastle
Asteroid

@BlackBerry BlackBerry  I suggest using the Whitestone dome glass tempered glass, it's the one I have to works with the fingerprint sensor. If the screen protector you are using doesn't have adhesive on the entire glass it will not work. (The cheap tempered glass screen do work with this fingerprint scann

TheRabbi
Halo

If the protector you're using doesn't have glue or adhesive THROUGHOUT, it will degrade the FPS performance. That's why everyone recommends Whitestone Dome if you're looking for tempered glass. 

userwTL368X6Mn
Constellation

There is a setting to make the glass more sensitive

userySPo0QEWyw
Constellation

I have the galaxy s10 pluse and I use the liquid screen protector