cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrKets
Constellation

The AOD screen rotation button is missing on Galaxy Note 10 plus

I purchased a brand new Galaxy Note 10 plus because I read on the Google Play Store that the AOD support lanscape view from the Galaxy S10 model. This is good for me to use the phone in landscape view while driving. And following the information on the store, you can quickly change the rotation of AOD screen by double taps the clock and the rotation button will appear.

But that was not happen to my Galaxy Note 10 plus. When I double taps the clock on the AOD screen, only the setting button show up without the rotation button. And I have to enter the AOD setting panel to change this. This is so inconvenience!

The Galaxy Note 10 came after the S10. Why the rotation button appear on the S10, but not on the Note 10 - another Samsung Flagship?

Hope they will take a note and add this function on the next update.

2 REPLIES 2
userwbf3miVqZ8
Astronaut

Re: The AOD screen rotation button is missing on Galaxy Note 10 plus

I have a similar problem. I has the button on my S10 until I recently did the update to Android 10 and now I have to unlock the device and dig through the AOD settings as you describe. Does anyone know of a way to bring back the short cut rotation button to the AOD display? 

Highlighted
MrKets
Constellation

Re: The AOD screen rotation button is missing on Galaxy Note 10 plus

@userwbf3miVqZ8 I contacted the support team for answer. They said that since the last Android 10 Update, both S10 and Note 10 got new AOD version for android 10. And there is currenty no Rotation button. The Developer team still working for the best. I hope they will make it on the next update.

BTW, I found a temporary solution for this case. You may use the Bixby Routine to set up the scene to change some of your Phone Setting Features. In my case, this is Driving Routine: If the phone is connected to my Helmet Bluetooth, Then Unlock the Phone and Set the AOD to lanscape.

But when the Driving Routine stop, you have to set the AOD to Portrait yourself. Smiley LOL