cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userCsyKl94r3e
Astronaut

Trade in?

Can anybody explain why my verizon note 9 is worth $600 trade in on a unlocked note 10+ but only $300 on a verizon note 10+? If I were to buy either out right they are the same price. My phone is mint condition and I won't be trading it for $300. They can keep their note 10+

4 REPLIES 4
Comet

Samsung and Carrier give their own trade in prices and ot...

Samsung and Carrier give their own trade in prices and other benefits. In this case Samsung is offering $600 for Note 9 but most Carrier are only offering around $300 for note 9. So when you select Carrier devices you get the trade in Value the Carrier is offering whereas when you select Unlocked you get trade in price what Samsung is offering.

NBI

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

userCsyKl94r3e
Astronaut

Re: Samsung and Carrier give their own trade in prices and ot...

I guess that is probably the way they are trying to look at it but I didn't deal with the carrier when I bought the note 9 last year so in my eyes I bought this note 9 off of samsung direct with the verizon package and figure I should get  a decent trade in for an upgraded verizon package. If I had originally bought it from the verizon store it would make more since but I didn't. Therefore I would expect samsung to honor me as a returning customer and offer a respectable trade in.

userYB9F2qOslT
Constellation

Re: Samsung and Carrier give their own trade in prices and ot...

And on the purchase and, when you buy a unlock note 10, your trade-in value rises to $600 I found. 

Samsung_LiaxoJt
Astronaut

I've had very similar results with Verizon. Was with them...

I've had very similar results with Verizon. Was with them 10+ years and this is one reason I left. The way they dont actually try and make long time customers and a combat veteran happy unless they profit. I just remember when they gave alot more reasonable upgrade benefits (i.e. $50 to $100 towards upgrading your device) now it's you have to eligable or be able to sign a new contract in order to pay for the phone over time monthly gouging payments. Granted the phones are more expensive now. And my personal preference, get out when my contract ended. It was more reasonable to get a phone online and doing no contract and just do add air time from app. But that's me. The Verizon reception has never really let me down. Now I have dropped calls before (who hasnt) but I usually had the best service, better than anyone around me with any other service. Since other carriers are using the same towers. It was easy for me.