cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

USB-C HEADPHONES loose and keep pausing, stopping videos and sound with the slightest wiggle?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So this...

Just upgraded to the note 10+ brandnew phone, the usb c headphones have some play. If the phone is in your pocket it will move the cord ever so slightly causing the music to pause and stop playing.

It doesnt come out of the slot but the slightest movement will stop music, tried on several apps and the same thing. 

First let me say it's not the battery settings putting the apps to sleep, and that fix does not fix the problem.

Is this a common issue? I seen a few other  posts in regards to this but no solution.

Any ideas?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: USB-C HEADPHONES loose and keep stopping with the slightest wiggle?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

From here you really have two options. The first is that we can look into getting you a new pair of headphones under warranty. Alternatively, you can get one of the official adapters to test additional headsets in the event that it's not the headphones at fault. If it turns out that it is not the headphones at fault, repairs would be recommended for the phone itself. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does this also happen with your charging cable?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Havnt had any issues charging, but havnt tried to wiggle the cord to check. There was a few other posts on here aswell with the same issue. Tempted to make the switch to apple as even with my s8 the akg  earbud  the left side went very faint after a few months.

Looks like nothing has improved for audio now my phone is useless. Unless you have wireless earbuds..

I'm still unsure how to check if it's the phone or the earbuds as all my other devices dont have usb c  for audio.. 

Even if I were to stay with the note 10 and get a replacement phone? How long before it stops working again as the connection doesnt seem very solid  to begin with?

Anyone else have this issue?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

From here you really have two options. The first is that we can look into getting you a new pair of headphones under warranty. Alternatively, you can get one of the official adapters to test additional headsets in the event that it's not the headphones at fault. If it turns out that it is not the headphones at fault, repairs would be recommended for the phone itself. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

UPDATE :

Tested headphones with other usb c device the earbuds work fine, without causing music and videos to keep pausing with the slightest of movement. and therefore its either a design flaw on the phone or a defective usb c port on the phone. Either way how does this get pass a QA test at samsung? Out of the box the port is defective...   the usb design on the note 10 doesnt feel very solid? Why so much play with the cord to begin with? Charger and earbuds have SO MUCH PLAY over time I'm sure this will cause issues.

Telus has offered me a replacement phone at no extra charge and will be sending this one back.

Unfortunately I have some doubts how long the port will last with a replacement after all of this.... and if it fails again or the earbuds stop working samsung should compensate for the defective device or send out wireless buds for those who cant listen to music and dont have the option to get a replacement phone after spending $1500.00 dollars on a defective device out of the box.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi. 

I have the same problem with my note 10 plus. Any solution?

Its very disappointing to have this kind of issue with a phone worth $1500. I always have to hold my phone when playing music. I cant even put it in my pocket or bag as a slight movement interrupts the music playback.

@userBTSIuYXDQc wrote:

UPDATE :

Tested headphones with other usb c device the earbuds work fine, without causing music and videos to keep pausing with the slightest of movement. and therefore its either a design flaw on the phone or a defective usb c port on the phone. Either way how does this get pass a QA test at samsung? Out of the box the port is defective...   the usb design on the note 10 doesnt feel very solid? Why so much play with the cord to begin with? Charger and earbuds have SO MUCH PLAY over time I'm sure this will cause issues.

Telus has offered me a replacement phone at no extra charge and will be sending this one back.

Unfortunately I have some doubts how long the port will last with a replacement after all of this.... and if it fails again or the earbuds stop working samsung should compensate for the defective device or send out wireless buds for those who cant listen to music and dont have the option to get a replacement phone after spending $1500.00 dollars on a defective device out of the box.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userMcaPpPs7yH Just to clarify you are using the USB-C headphones that came with the Note 10+ is that correct?

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

Yes, im using the one that comes with the phone.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Update:

I went to a samsung service center to get this problem checked. They concluded that the phone hardware has a problem and recommended a repair (limited warranty). Got the phone repaired after 2 hours. I was told they replaced the bottom part of the phone...the usb c port. 

USB C headset connection seems a little better but still cuts off audio and video playback from time to time when the phone's in my pocket - which doesnt happen at all with my previous samsung phone using a standard 3.5mm audio connection. 

This is so frustrating...to be having this issue with a premium phone. Bluetooth headset maybe the only way to avoid this issue. But then again...i shoudn't have to resort to this if the phone was ok. 

I plan to bring the phone back to the service center to hear  what they have to say next. I'll update again next time.

@userMcaPpPs7yH wrote:

Hi,

Yes, im using the one that comes with the phone.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Its not the headphones.

Got it after the latest update of the note 10+ 

Everything else works, earbuds work perfect on different phones.

Would be great to get a solution.