cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

USB C headphones not working

Samsung, you need to address this for everyone. Your forums are flodded with this issue as far back as 2019 and you have yet to come out and say what them problem is. My headphones stopped working yesterday and there are dozens of people reporting same for this week alone in forums and on app page. Is it the headphones, the phone, or updates??? I rely heavily as in daily on my headphones. And it's not like I can replace them with any old headphones I have laying around since you went to this stupid USB C adapter. I cannot express to you the level of my frustration without getting rude. My phone is not even a year old. This is the first Note I have purchased since the nightmare I had with the Note 7. I will NEVER buy a Note phone again. In the meantime, I expect a solution to the issue I am having with my Note 10 and the headphones. And I expect it asap. I think it's time this was addressed openly by you or a tech news source at the least. Ignoring it and offering some of the lame solutions I have come across is really unacceptable and beneath a company that pushes the perception that they are first in quality.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: USB C headphones not working

Sounds like your USB-C port or your headphones are faulty. Take it to a Samsung Authorized Repair Center and have them check it out. Try out different USB-C headphones. Do some trial and error.
Highlighted
Asteroid

Yeah, no. I'm sorry. I should have explained myself better. I build PC's. I also STREAM (as a Twitch Affiliate) and BLOG. I kinda know my way around the ol' "trial and error".  I did and it and it is still broke.  I even followed Samsung's advice from their page here ..
"No sound from wired headphone on Galaxy phone or tablet"

Secondly, I should have mentioned (silly me) that mine AND my wife's $1200+, 8 month old Note 10 AKG headphones stopped working on the same day this past week. Similar to quite a few people have posted in similar threads this week and recent weeks and months.

My wired usb c headphones are not working
03-12-2020 05:07 AM 

Note 10+ USB-C headphone not working.
04-02-2020 07:08 PM

and the responses (ReSmiley Happy...

Re: My wired usb c headphones are not working
06-14-2020 09:07 PM
Same issue here. Just took the headphones out 4 days ago. Worked fine for 2 days, today I plug then in and nothing.

Re: AKG Bundled Earbuds Not Being Detected
Thursday
Hi, bro is it solved? my one still not function..

Re: Note 10+ USB-C headphone not working.
3 weeks ago
we have the same issue. Is your headphone fixed already? If yes, how did you fixed it??

even reddit...

Usb-C headphones not working
Issue
Please help me fix this. The USB-C jack is working for everything except any C-type headphones I plug in. I have two, and not one is working on my device. Tested them on another device, and works perfectly. I even factory reset. Nothing.

AND customers who have also posted in the Samsung Galaxy Store for the   Samsung USB-C

Samsung Electronics Co.,Ltd.  APP that their headphones have stopped working this past week.  

2020-07-18_104037.png

Do you see the pattern here? If I told you that there are numerous posts and reviews for the S20 doing the same thing, would it begin to come clearer?

Third, they (mine and my wife's $1200+ , 8 month old Samsung Note 10's ) both became..hmm..defective!..that's the word...after a Security Update this past week. (sorry, should have put this at the top where I first mention that mine AND my wife's $1200+, 8 month old Note 10 AKG headphones stopped working on the same day this past week.

Fourth : As for taking it to a repair center. Well, that's a very interesting choice or option to present to me.

• You have heard of Covid-19? 
  • That there is a pandemic on right now? 
  • That many people are still sheletered in at home? 
  • In my county alone, it is the law that you must wear masks when leaving the home to venture into public places like Food Stores, Department Stores, etc..

So, to take this to a whole new level and get personal, I and my wife live in South Carolina. Did you know our state was 2nd...SECOND in the whole world last week for highest number of new cases of Covid-19? No? Well, of course it's not your job to keep track of little things like that. I suppose. Or remember there is a pandemic when you tell someone to take their 2 $1200+ (or $2400+ total), 8 month old Note 10's to a repair center.

It's not your job to know that I am disabled. That I was already homebound. Or that because of my disability, I am one of those people who hasa 96% chance of NOT surviving should I become infected with COVID-19  because my immune system is compromised from disease, and a plethora (oh, boy..do I mean PLETHORA) of pain medication (opioids) I have to take daily (medication I would give anything not to have to take for reasons that are to deeply personal to go into here). Oh..and I am also diabetic.

Want to trade places with me for a day? No? How about my wife, who is also immune compromised (but not as severely as I am). Keep in mind, she can work and she works her tail off. And finds time to support and care for me and care for our teenage daughter (WHO by the way, owns a Samsung 10s that we got for her the same day we purchased our Note 10's.).

No?

Even though we have quite a tidy sum invested in your products. Products that are considered the top of the line and arguably definitively THE Android phone to own. Two of which we own that are now defective after only 8 months.

So, going to the repair center really isn't an option for us. Perhaps you could take them there for us? No? Well, it would be kinda pointless anyway when you consider the fact that all evidence points to this being some kind of software update issue that needs to be addressed. With transparency and openness, publicly.

If this is not the case, the only other thing that comes to mind is that it IS a hardware issue. Something that you all realized after the fact, which in turn would explain all the complaints about the usb-c headphones that go back to 2019, along with firmware updates posted specifically for this very issue.

I rely heavily on the headphones. I've shared enough personal information and don't care to explain why I need them. Honestly, I shouldn't have to. I need them. Period. And I have not found any USB-C headset that will work. So when will this be corrected? And how? The option you have presented is NOT viable and, in my opinion, was offered wihtout consideration of the possible consequences.

Maybe someone else has a solution or better yet an answer to why this is happening and when it will be fixed? Let me know. I'll be blogging all of this on my blog, Facebook, and Twitter, and possibly in my daily stream as well, while I wait for a response. Thank you, in advance, for your time.

Highlighted
Constellation

My cellphone is 7 months old, my headphones stoped working this week. Also the port is dead. I'm not able to charge the phone as no charger (samsung or others) is recognize. Lucky me i have an old slow wireless charger and im still can use the phone even is it takes ages to charge. Its the third samsung phone i had which has a some what defective charging port that last less than a year. I really hope  I learn my leason this time and never buy a samsung phone again.

Highlighted
Asteroid

any update on this? I'm having the same exact issue...USB C port nit recognizing the headphones, but recognizes charger 🙄
Highlighted
Asteroid

I have posted here and on a few other threads with the same issue and have not received ONE SINGLE RESPONSE from Samsung. I really have no words for my frustration but I have a forum for it, which is my blog and stream. What's the deal, Samsung?