cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

USB-C to 3.5mm in car friends can't hear me during calls

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recently got the note 10 plus. I purchased a USB-C adapter to use my phone in the car for music and any calls I receive. I didn't but the samsung version of the dongle becuase I felt the google version was the same and it was cheaper. I tried making calls and the people I called could not hear me. Any explanation as to why this happens? I don't mind if I have to buy the other dongle, but i'm not going to do it if it won't make a difference. Please help! 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: USB-C to 3.5mm in car friends can't hear me during calls

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @userMenyxhbAqe 

I can confirm that when using the Google adapter there is no microphone input, but it works perfectly fine with Samsung's OEM adapter. (I have both) IDK why they work that way, but if you get a Samsung adapter, your calls will work fine. 

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
USB-C to 3.5mm Aux Dongle? check the box again if you haven't. Dongle should be in there along with a SIM key Save some cash. if having an OEM part doesn't fix it I'm thinking it may be the other cord connected or something interfering with the connection to the stereo. just my thoughts. hope you get your answers I can't drive anywhere without my Jams playing.
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There was not a dongle with the phone. I can listen to music and shows fine and I can hear my friends but they can't hear me talk. The issue is my microphone seems to be disabled when its plugged in. Almost as if the wire is forcing the aux to receive audio from my car 

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @userMenyxhbAqe 

I can confirm that when using the Google adapter there is no microphone input, but it works perfectly fine with Samsung's OEM adapter. (I have both) IDK why they work that way, but if you get a Samsung adapter, your calls will work fine. 

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you! I guess that's what happens when you're cheap lol. Alright guess I'm returning it and buying the other piece 

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I hear you @userMenyxhbAqe Smiley Very Happy

I bought a Google adapter first because it was around $8 at Best Buy... but had to buy a real Samsung adapter for the car. I kept the first one from Google to use with some headphones at home. Lesson learned, it's best to use OEM accessories if possible.