cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

USB Type C problem

I am facing problem with my usb port recently. When I connect my bundled earphones, it never detects it. And the notification of usb connection and disconnection keeps popping up in cycle.☹️

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: USB Type C problem

Have you tried running the device in Safe Mode?
Press and hold the Power button until the Power off menu appears then release.
Touch and hold Power off until the Safe mode prompt appears then release.
To confirm, tap Safe mode.
The process may take up to 30 seconds to complete.
Upon reboot, “Safe mode” should appear in the lower-left of the home screen.
Check for the problem.
If the issue goes away on safe mode, turn safe mode off by pulling down the notification shade from the top and tapping on the notification. This should allow you to check if the issue returns. If it does, you’ll need to identify the bad app.

How long have you had the device? Have you attempted connecting a different set of headphones?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

I pre-ordered the phone.

The problem is persistent even after running on safe mode/clearing the cache and even resetting the settings.

Also, I have 3 Samsung type c to type c cables and they are not able to connect my phone through DEX.

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Have you installed any updates recently?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@cringystuntman If this happens try to restart the phone.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Nothing helped....

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

If troubleshooting has not been beneficial, it is recommended to have the phone evaluated by a certified technician. There are two options for U.S. customers. You can use this link to find an authorized service location near you. https://www.ubreakifix.com/samsung

Or you can utilize the ship-in service option. To create a service ticket to ship in the phone, please send a private message with the full model code and IMEI number. http://bit.ly/2XERsky