cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DEMIGOD_928
Asteroid

USB Type-C to 3.5mm Headphone Jack Adapter.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

A DAC, or digital-to-analog converter, is required to deliver audio signals to your 3.5mm headphones, regardless of whether your smartphone does or doesn’t have a dedicated 3.5mm headphone jack. Therefore, this conversion can take place either on the smartphone itself – this is always the case for phones equipped with a 3.5mm port – or on the USB-C dongle.

In the case of the Galaxy Note 10, it seems like the digital-to-analog conversion for 3.5mm headphones might be handled by the optional USB-C dongle itself. The product description states that it “provides ultra high-quality audio by converting digital files to analog,” therefore it’s pretty clear that the Note 10 optional dongle does incorporate a DAC.

EE-UC10JUWEGUS

USB-C Headphone Jack Adapter

USB Type-C to 3.5mm Headphone Jack Adapter

Provides Ultra High Quality Audio by converting digital files to analog (up to 24bit/192kHz).

Price:
$14.99
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: USB Type-C to 3.5mm Headphone Jack Adapter.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is it a question or you're just sharing helpful info (if so, thank you)? Yes, the Samsung USB-C adapter has a built in DAC. And from my understanding only DAC equipped adapters will work with Note10 and Note10+.

Geno

"If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. Thanks"
4 REPLIES 4
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is it a question or you're just sharing helpful info (if so, thank you)? Yes, the Samsung USB-C adapter has a built in DAC. And from my understanding only DAC equipped adapters will work with Note10 and Note10+.

Geno

"If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. Thanks"
useryC1EW9vOKl
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Even with this purchase I haven't been lucky enough to have my music loud enough to really hear it. I've already reset the volume limiter and it's still not loud enough. What else can I do?

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@useryC1EW9vOKl wrote:

Even with this purchase I haven't been lucky enough to have my music loud enough to really hear it. I've already reset the volume limiter and it's still not loud enough. What else can I do?

1) Have you tried to play with Equalizer and Dolby Armos settings?

2) Tried multiple music apps?

3) Does your USB-C to 3.5mm dongle support firmware update?  If it does, the first time you plug it in, there should be an icon in the status bar notifying of the update

usertEnGqa6obo
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What do you mean by "reset the volume limiter"?

Do you mean you've set the volume as high as it'll go?

Please explain how you do that..

Thanks