cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userUXJomxv5MF
Cosmic Ray

USB file transfer

Just bought  2 new Note 10+. In the morning I was able to connect both phones to Windows 10 and use Window Exlorer to transfer files back and forth by specifiing the USB Transfer Files option on the phones.  10 hours later it only works for one phone. For another USB transfer Images works fine but not files.   

I conclude there is no problem with my usb connector or Windows drivers, but spent a lot of time time trying to figure out why images option works but files option doesn't.

Contacted support, they recommended to try  safe mode and also conected to my phone but were not able to help.  Their last advice to reset everything to factory defaults, I resist,  don't want to loos two days of setting everything. 

is it a way to clear cash on Note10+

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: USB file transfer

Hey there!

Thanks for reaching out.

Here are the steps on how to wipe the cache partition on your device:

Wipe cache partition:

- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
- When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
- An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
- Press Bixby / Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Bixby / Power key to select.
- When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.

userUXJomxv5MF
Cosmic Ray

Had to replace the phone under waranty

userxYToNiD8W9
Constellation

Samsung opted to REMOVE USB protocols and replaced them with the very slow and unpleasant MTP [Media Transfer Protocol] while will take over a day to copy pictures and videos you made that day. If you were to actually use all 512GB and wish to copy the phones pictures and videos, that would take you over a week.

Going back to Note 3, you could copy all 64GB in less than 15 minutes which means that it should take about 2-2.5 hours to copy 512GB. Since they didn't want us to be able to use our phones features we paid for, they got rid of USB protocols altogether.

I will be making notes on this via Twitter and Youtube since it took hours to copy just a few videos and photos I took over my vacation. It would take over 3 days if I can trust the time it listed, I don't believe that it would finish in that time by the few photos it copied so far.

The 5 minute video took over 25 minutes to copy. You can't actually watch it directly from the UBS cable as it's too slow. You MUST copy it first to your Win10 to view it on your PC.

VERY POOR DESIGN by Samsung.

userxYToNiD8W9
Constellation

You are aware that Samsung no longer supports USB file transfers? They now only use MTP which takes over 100 times longer. They are attempting to force everyone to use CLOUD which entitles them to YOUR PICTURES and VIDEOS to use as they please.

PLEASE BRING BACK USB FILE TRANSFERS OR THIS IS MY LAST PURCHASE FROM SAMSUNG, not just phones.

I will send a copy of my posts here to the Lee's. If they delete my comments about this, since I have saved them, I will ask him to seek why they were edited.

THIS IS A MAJOR ISSUE and I will be bringing it up to the corporate offices.

FYI Most are not aware of the different protocols and speeds in which they operate. MTP is the SLOWEST and lowest version of file transfers to date.

userUXJomxv5MF
Cosmic Ray

Hmm... Iwas talking about file transfers from/to Note10 and Windows 10 PC. It works fine now with the replaced phone. And isn very fast, It is practically like connecting a to extrnal storage disk