cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user0g5stLfoMH
Constellation

USB type c

I understand that there is dongle for USB type c male to 3.5mm female. I think there should be one for a female USB type to make 3.5mm for plane rides, etc

2 REPLIES 2
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: USB type c

That's an interesting point. As more and more wired earphones switch to USB-C, there shortly uld be a way to adapt them back to 3.5 mm if needed. I'm sure there is something on Amazon or eBay, but I'd like to see them from OEM manufacturers too.

Geno

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: USB type c

I think that you are suggesting the ability to plug your USB C headphones into a 3.5 mm jack on the plane.

The problem I see is that USB C provides power. Plugging into a 3.5 mm jack wouldn't supply the power avaialable at a USB C port. 

The other thing is that most air carriers are switching to a bring your own device paradigm. You watch their content over Wifi on your device. I think the need for a passenger to connect directly to an airplane's audio system is fading quickly.