cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Unable to delete contacts in 'Recently Added' section

Hope you can please help me.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus.  I use Google as main Phone Book storage instead of the device, and I have Google contacts displayed.

I recently deleted many contacts as part of clean-up efforts in the holiday season.  However, there are 2 contact entries coming up in 'Recently Added'.  I deleted them by doing the long-press/tap and delete.  The phone advised that they are deleted, but the contact entries have never left the 'Recently Added' section.  The entries no longer have phone numbers (you can't call or SMS them using the left or right swipe shortcuts), so it doesn't make sense to have them kept on my phone book.

Has this happened to you?  What can I do to be able to delete these contacts in the Recently Added section?  Also, can I turn off the Recently Added section altogether?

Appreciate your support on this please.

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Unable to delete contacts in 'Recently Added' section

So I found this on Android Central could you give these steps a try?

https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/899571-how-can-i-eliminate-recently-added-group-conta...

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Thanks for sharing. I tried that first before posting, and it didn't work. The entries are still showing there.

Can share a video of it if needed. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Could you post a screenshot? 

Are you using the stock contacts app or did you download a third-party?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Hi @SamsungJace 

Screenshot_20200113-052556_Contacts.jpg

Screenshot_20200113-052717_Contacts.jpg

Screenshot_20200113-052731_Contacts.jpg

I'm using the Stock Contacts app.

Here, screenshot of the 2 contacts. These are empty (no number if you swipe to call them) and can also not be looked up on Contacts anymore.

I deleted them using the hold-and-press method then move to trash. Problem persists.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Are they saved to your Google Account?

Highlighted
Asteroid

Yes, all my Contacts displayed are Google contacts.
When I search Google, these contacts are not there as well for me to delete.

Hope you can help me.

Highlighted
Constellation

I am facing the same probelm. I tried everything posted in this thread . Nothing worked.

@JazzyJeffie wrote:

Yes, all my Contacts displayed are Google contacts.
When I search Google, these contacts are not there as well for me to delete.

Hope you can help me.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Do you have a details button next to each name? Do you have more than one Google account on your device? Was the contact possible saved to the phone as well? Have you tried wiping the cache partition on your device?

Highlighted
Constellation

My phone is Note 10 Plus.I do not have a detail button next to the contacts. But when I touch the contact it shows the details of the contact. The one contact listed in the recently added does not show the details when I touch it, it says "Contact not found".  Funny thing, the one contact listed in the recently added contact is not even a name of a contact, somehow it picked an email of a contact and listed  as a recently added contact. Now I can not get delete it. I have only one google account.I did not save it one the phone. Phone contacts folder is empty. I am using only google contacts. When I switch from Google contacts to Samsung contacts, The recently added section or the contacts is not showing up. The one contact listed in the recently added is only showing on my Note 10 plus, but not in the google listing.

@SamsungAdam wrote:

Do you have a details button next to each name? Do you have more than one Google account on your device? Was the contact possible saved to the phone as well? Have you tried wiping the cache partition on your device?