cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Unable to select custom ringtones on note 10+

I am unable to set a custom ringtone. I go to sounds n press "+" and it says requires permission, but I already allowed permission to storage. What should I do?

18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Unable to select custom ringtones on note 10+

Hey, thanks for reaching out! Could you provide a screenshot of this occurring?

Highlighted
Constellation

Screenshot_20200518-171017_Settings.jpg

Highlighted
Astronaut

I am not seen an option to add a photo to this reponse however this is the exact message I am seeing "To use this feature, you need to allow permission in Settings."

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Just to clarify, when you go to the contact, click on edit or during original input click on view more, and when you click on the ringtone option, are you then clicking on the + sign?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Yes I tried that method I also tried going to setting and changing it in sounds to make it a ringtone for every call and it still did not allow it

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Are you trying to set custom ringtones for apps or for contacts?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

I'm trying to set a song from my phone as a my general ringtone and I'm also trying to set custom ringtones for my favorite contacts. I have no custom apps on my phone nor have I customized anything

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Where are you getting your custom ringtones from?

Highlighted
Constellation

Am attempting to use a mp3 from my files and encountering the same problem. Please advise. 

Regards.

Screenshot_20200319-030106_Settings.jpg