cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Unlock Note 10 Plus- No system software update

I wonder is anyone else having any issues with getting the system software update on their Unlocked Samsung Galaxy Note 10 plus. Everytime I got to setting and press on Software update. It states that it is up to date. No update is necessary at this time. But When I go to the software Information it is stating that the One UI is 2.0 & Andriod Security Patch level is Februaury 1, 2020.??? This is crazy I just want to be able to use my phone to its full capaility and also have the nice system updates as well. It is hard that every year that I have this problem with my Samsung galaxy note phones. 

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Unlock Note 10 Plus- No system software update

software updates are dependent on your phones carrier,but you're running a very old build of security patches.
Highlighted
Constellation

my 10+ is showing error (407) firmware update can't be completed
Highlighted
Halo

Your updates would come directly from Samsung since it's an unlocked version. If you have access to computer, try updating through the Smartswitch app.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.androidcentral.com/how-update-your-samsung-phone-smart-switch%3famp
Highlighted
Constellation

Yes I have the same situation. last update for me June 1rst. I've called Samsung numerous times with this and after escalating the matter they state, "We are sending the updates out in batches ." On unlocked devices we have no VoltE, HD voice calling, WiFi Calling, Video Calling or Read Reciepts via Text. At this point, unless you are someone who travels internationally, one will pay the same price for a lesser quality phone. Carrier is still the way to go apparently. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

I have the same issue, do you find any answer?
Highlighted
Supernova

@TheMrMaid90 @Sauliño @Roger007 @usercTpNFuZlpB 

Try updating once again now. If that doesn't work:

You may need to try the fix below:

1. Go to 'Settings' > 'Software update' and hit 'UICC Unlock'
  2. It loads for a moment, then says SIM Restricted... Hit 'OK'
  3. It takes you back to the 'Settings' > 'Software update screen'. Hit 'Download and install'
  4. It loads for a moment, then says Your software is up to date...
  5. Then open that notification saying the profile didn't update.
  6. It loads for a minute, then says Profile updated... Hit 'OK'
  7. It loads again for another minute and says something similarly. Hit 'OK'

Otherwise does the below help?

If that did not correct the issue the next step may be to have the software reflashed. I know this can be done at any authorized service center. https://www.ubreakifix.com/samsung

You may also need to reach out to your carrier on specific firmware update issues like this.

--

Did this reply help? Be sure to click" ✓ Accept as Solution" if you found this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction. You can also click the heart to let me know your appreciation!