cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bioert
Asteroid

Unlocked Note 10+ missing wifi calling

I just received my Note 10+, (ATT). But it doesn't have wifi calling.

13 REPLIES 13

I have t-mobile and using a unlock note 10+.. It's on the...

I have t-mobile and using a unlock note 10+.. It's on the phone settings

Bioert
Asteroid

Options are not there on mine.

Xlegendxero
Constellation

Both Wifi-Calling and VoLTE are not supported by AT&T for...

Both Wifi-Calling and VoLTE are not supported by AT&T for most unlocked non-at&t branded phones.

They tend to support it only on the major unlocked flagships that AT&T doesn't carry like the Pixel 3. Of course, iPhone is an exception and is fully supported since Apple tends to get it's way unlike other manufacturers.

There is really no way to get them to enable it either. Wifi-calling and VoLTE are controlled via the IMEI on AT&T. If the IMEI is not on the approved list, then it won't work. AT&T will not add the IMEI either. Flashing the AT&T firmware does not circumvent this either.

Big954
Constellation

Re: Both Wifi-Calling and VoLTE are not supported by AT&T for...

I had the same problem with my Note 9 that was unlocked and I called AT&T and the tech guy did something with my IMEI  and everything worked WIFI Calling, Video Chat and VOLTE. So now I purchased the Note 10+ and it's been a battle for the last three days with them. I flashed the AT&T firmware to get the wifi calling icon on the phone and after being persistent I have wifi calling , but not the video calling. I plan on calling back and trying to get the video calling also. Screenshot_20190829-093447_Call settings.jpgScreenshot_20190829-093511_Call settings.jpg

user4JRTVD6Du9
Constellation

How did you flash the AT&T firmware?

useryxSDzSloRf
Astronaut

What number did you call? I'd like to have this function on my phone as my apartment doesn't have great coverage. My AT&T locked S8+ had this function and it's quite annoying to be without it on a newer phone.. I only bought it unlocked for the blue color T_T

userTJS9ujEnqw
Asteroid

How they enable that for you, I call them 5 times and they state that this is not an option for unlocked Note10 +  phones? 

Samsung Care Ambassador

@Xlegendxero Unlocked Note 10 will work with VoLTE on at&t we just need to wait for that special update hopefully before the end of the year.

Bioert
Asteroid

Thank you for the information!! I really appreciate it....

Thank you for the information!! I really appreciate it.

I was about to explore flashing the att firmware, but now I will explore other options.

I found a ATT microcell device on ebay, will see if that works.

Thanks again!