Original topic:

Unlocked Note 10 plus sprint/tmobile

(Topic created on: 1/26/21 12:17 AM)
Samsungnote10plus
Constellation
Options
Note10

Seems to be a Samsung issue. I have had issues with my unlocked Note 10 plus since I got it. I have had 2 sim cards. Sprint blames Release from Samsung. Sprint got bought out by Tmobile boo. Now my service is worse than ever. No signal. I am supposed to stay on my own wifi and wifi calling to be able to use my phone. When I travel my calls drop people can't hear me it's awful. The worst it's like going back in time. My note 4 works better.

0 Likes
3 Replies
GZ2fold
Galaxy
Options
Note10
See adjacent comments by Tyrick/Cosmic Ray. Others have been chiming in that the TMOBILE/SPRINT chips might not be very effective on the new Samsung products. Would you mind becoming a guinea pig and tell us how worse or better is a Verizon or AT&T chip in your Note 10 device?
0 Likes
uservh9IJbI02O
Asteroid
Options
Note10

I am on my 3rd SM-N976U phone now that cannot get data/internet over cellular on the T-Mobile network.  New 5g sim card installed at the T-Mo store, I have spent hours on the phone with T-Mo support, tried every setting imaginable, reset everything including the dreaded factory data reset.

Here is what I have discovered so far:

With the most recent (my 3rd) Samsung Galaxy Note 10 + 5G phone, the first thing I tested after taking the phone out of the box, putting my new 5G sim card in and turning on was to see if it was getting data/internet over the cellular connection and it was. Great, so I installed all my apps, cellular data still working, great. Next came the T-Mobile OTA software update Baseband N976USQS4CTK3 after which data/internet no longer worked over cellular.  Strangely enough the phone works perfectly in Mexico on the Telcel network, data works fine over cellular in Mexico.  According to the T-Mobile expert there have been numerous problems with the new 5G network and Samsung phones and they (T-Mobile and Samsung) have been working together on software fixes but as of today 01.27.21 my expensive Samsung phone will still not get data/internet over a cellular connection on the T-Mobile network.

My 4th Samsung replacement phone is being shipped today, when I get it I will try for as long as possible to prevent the T-Mobile OTA update from installing so that I may have a usable smart phone until Samsung and T-Mobile figure out how to fix their mess.

I have no problems on my S5, Note 8 or Note 9 with my new sim card or the old one before they changed it.

0 Likes
Samsungnote10plus
Constellation
Options
Note10
thank you for the info. Sprint was my carrier now it's Tmobile however I have a Sprint chip not tmobile. So maybe I should stay with that chip instead of asking for Tmobile. I did do a network reset and it seemed to be better today. I find it sad that there has been no great resolution to our issues. Why do they keep replacing the phone¿. I did not go with 5g model.
0 Likes