cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user4R0pzF0lLh
Constellation

Unlocked phone but Passcode and Fingerprint secured possible to be hacked?

I lost my Note 10+ on Friday evening. It is unlocked phone and was without a carrier or sim card. Lost it on the bus and I'm finally conviced it is in wrong hands. Samsung can not trace the location of the phone with the IMEI. The phone do not have an internet connection and so I can not see it on Samsung my lost phone/Google find my phone. I have even filed a police compaint but not news. I have no idea what be done at this moment. I have hardly used for like 5 days and the its unbearable to know that I paid $1100 for it. Please if there is any genius who can help me out.  

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Unlocked phone but Passcode and Fingerprint secured possible to be hacked?

@user4R0pzF0lLh

It's a very difficult situation. The only thing that may make you feel better is the fact that if you had it set up with your Google account, even if, whoever found it (what's in the Police complaint BTW?), does a factory reset, the phone will be useless without the original Google password. So it will most likely be a pretty paper weight in their hands.

Do you have insurance through your carrier?

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
user4R0pzF0lLh
Constellation

Yes the phone was completely set up with my Google UN and Samsung account. The only thing I regret is a day late in activating the phone with Sprint. The WiFi is enable and also the location but unless there is no network or interent I have no scope to trace it. Lets say that the phone is reset, will it reset the phone completely deleting all my datas? Because currently it has my memory card in it. The person will have no way to find me if he resets the phone when he gives up at unlocking it? And no I do not have insurance with the Sprint. If the person tries to put a sim after resetting will I still be able to trace it on google or samsung?

I feel so disappointed that I lost such a beautiful and powerful phone in just 5 days which cost a lot of money.  

Samsung Care Ambassador

If WiFi was enabled, your phone may be able to connect to...

If WiFi was enabled, your phone may be able to connect to any WiFi networks nearby and you may be able to locate it once it's connected to the internet. Other than that, there's no other way to find your phone other than the police. Sorry

user4R0pzF0lLh
Constellation

Re: If WiFi was enabled, your phone may be able to connect to...

Hi,

Yes the wifi was enabled and I had been tracing each an every moment since last Thursday for it connect to an internet just once so I can reach out the person. But what if the phone is Factory reset? I don't even know if it can be done even after its passcode locked. So I am confused that even after a Factory reset, will I be able to track it down if it connects to an internet? And will the IMEI be still registered with me if somehow manages to hack my phone and clear the passcodes?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@user4R0pzF0lLh Since you have called the police and file a report. The next thing for you to do is to call your carrier and have your phone blacklisted so that they can't take it to their carrier an use it. 

Samsung_czsXgVK
Astronaut

I need help to get this hacker off my phone what's 5he nu...

I need help to get this hacker off my phone what's 5he number to call