cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Use of BoA fingerprint after update?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Has anyone been able to use the Bank of America fingerprint authentication since getting the update? I'm still not able to.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Use of BoA fingerprint after update?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just used it this morning and the fingerprint is working again.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm still unable to as well

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling and making sure your bank settings are set up to read fingerprint after the update??

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Bank of America has disabled the fingerprint part of their app. They are worried that the problem with the s10 and note10 fingerprint sensor ( the silicone screen protector problem) will allow people to login to our accounts and they want to cover their a**es, So until they think Samsung has fixed the problem we have to use our passwords to access our BOA account on our phone.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yeah I'm aware of why they disabled it I just want to know when it's coming back now that the issue had been fixed!

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I emailed them and the person who responded talked like it would take a while for them to decide. For now we will just have to wait for another update from boa with it reactivated. Which is a pita.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There is a work around, use Samsung pass, clear data and cache from banking app, re-enter screen name and password, if you have Samsung Pass set up it will automatically ask if you want to save login, that is how I use all apps on my phone.

You also have the benefit of looking up your password in Samsung pass if you can't remember the password!

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The BOA app reset my fingerprint to work again. Finally

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same problem but today started working

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Lol, why would you have ANYTHING to do with Bank of America in the first place? They are the worst bank in the world, literally. I won't even accept checks from my customers that are drawn from B of A. They can't be trusted.