cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Using dex on my note 10 with a monitor, mouse, and keyboard

Help an android challenged user

I picked up a nice little microsoft HD-500 dock but can't get a signal to my monitor. Mouse controls phone sceen . I switched the HDMI cable from the dock to my old iPhone and everything worked fine. So it's the software on my phone. I read all kinds of stuff about phone companion and microsoft software on samsung but most is for going to PCs

I'm clueless. So frustrating after a week trying to figure out the note 10.

HELP

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Using dex on my note 10 with a monitor, mouse, and keyboard

Did you try changing the USB cable from the phone to the dock? Maybe it needs a faster cable

Highlighted
Astronaut

It's a just out of the box cable that came with the dock

Highlighted
Astronaut

I gave up on microsoft hd-500. Wasted $40. Bought a plugable phone cube.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Heads up. The Plugable phone cube works beautifully! Add old keyboard, mouse, and monitor and you've got a desktop computer.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

The included OEM type-c charging cable with your Note10 might not be DeX compatible with your monitor. I ran into this issue myself with my Galaxy Note10 & a portable monitor I wanted to use DeX on. I could not get a signal with the OEM charging cable. I had to use the included type-c cable that came with the monitor and it detected Samsung DeX without issue. There is also the Samsung DeX Cable you can get that is type-c to HDMI if your lapdock has a HDMI port. I am not familiar with the Microsoft HD-500 but I hope this was of some help! Good luck and enjoy your Galaxy Note10 w/ built-in Samsung DeX experience!