JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Very poor glass default protector

(Topic created: 09-09-2019 08:36 PM)
Trozan10
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I bought this on 29th august.. After some day of isage I'm seeing 2 little scratches on my middle of the screen..

I never did any manual damage neither droped my phone.. 

0 Likes
4 Replies
Solution
GaryB82
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

The screen protector that comes pre installed on the Note is a film screen protector and will get light scratches on it i recommend a White Stone Dome Glass i use it on my Note 10+ and it stays in new condition 

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like the post.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓ to Accept as Solution button.
userhuguGfFJ36
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Buy the liquid screen protecter it doesn't scratch

0 Likes
Leinz
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hello. The preinstalled screen protector on the N10/S10 is plastic- not glass. For your issue I can only provide a scientific explanation. Upon contact with an object that has a higher hardness rating plastic will scratch. For example, keys may carry a higher rating than soft plastic.

The same principle applies to glass. Diamond sits above it, so naturally a test would result in striations on the glass sheet. From this it's evident that your phone came into contact with something. 

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.
Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

And my opinion and advise is to just rip that screen protector off and go without one. I did on my phone and have been using it for a month (got mine on August 7) and still not a single scratch. I used the S10 with no screen protector for almost 6 months before and it was also perfect.

Gorilla glass 6 is a very tough product, very durable in my experience.

I always said, what's the point of looking at scratched screen protector? I might as well enjoy a clean and smooth glass, and if it does eventually pick up some light scratches, they will likely still be less noticable than what the basic plastic "screen protector" had after just few days.

Don't forget to give this post a Like by clicking on the ❤ icon below. 
And if it answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution"

0 Likes