JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Vibration won't work!

(Topic created: 12-22-2020 11:49 AM)
YellowPoptart
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
My vibration won't work anymore, not on calls, notifications, keyboard, or games. I've already tried messing with the vibration settings, I turned them off and on again. I also went on safe mode, but my vibration still wasn't working. Is my vibration motor broken?
4 Replies
users1oyKL3wiv
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
having the same issue since the update
0 Likes
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Can you confirm what type of device you are using?

What is the current software version are you running?

Have you attempted to wipe the system cache partition on your device recently?

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Bixby / Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them, and press the Bixby / Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, the Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.
YellowPoptart
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I'm on note 10 plus with android 10, oneui 2.5

I've already tried the method listed, still doesn't work.
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thank you for confirming this.

Since you are still experiencing the same symptoms in safe mode and after wiping the system cache partition, I would try fully backing up your device and performing a factory reset. I know this may not be the ideal step to take but this will reset the device to its factory settings.

If you are still experiencing the symptoms after a factory reset, I recommend a technician evaluate the device. You can use the following link to find a list of service centers in the U.S. that can do the repair: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location  or by contacting customer support at 1-800-726-7864.

For assistance outside the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html