cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Visible wireless support for unlocked note 10+?

Hello samsung I would like to inquire if there is any update of the Unlocked note 10+ or any unlocked devices from samsung to be compatible with Visible Wireless? I have contacted visible employees and engineering department and told me they have requested this to samsung but it is samsung decision to make this happen and that was a year a go and until now still not supported for most unlocked samsung devices. I would like to request this inquiry so visible wireless customers can use it on their network for unlocked samsung devices. Visible wireless is own by Verizon but since visible wireless runs through cloud base network it needs a special firmware installed to the device. Thank you!

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Visible wireless support for unlocked note 10+?

I have the same issue. I can't use Visible SIM card on my new Note 10 Plus.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@userg1lFi3wS1T Yea I was hoping it will be compatible after the Android 10 update but still the same no support yet. Althoug, there is a way to manualy input APN settings menu to make it work but this may not recommended by visible but it is working.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you for your interest in sharing your ideas with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@SamsungJoJo Thank you very much for fast respond. As of now, only the Galaxy S9 Unlocked U1 model and S8 carrier branded phone are compatible with Visible Wireless for more than a year now so if they can be compatible via software update it should be easy for the rest of samsung phones as well. I have talked to Visible support team and told me they have already requested samsung to enable the rest of unlocked devices to be compatible but Samsung is only able to do it only to S9 unlocked for some reason. 

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@Japantech2020 Visible is able to do it with S9 Unlocked U1 models and S8 carrier branded phone with BYOD software installed. Visible is a cloud base network meaning it only works on LTE data no 3G nor CDMA drawback that's why it needs to have proper setting on the device software to work properly.

Highlighted
Constellation

Don't know if folks here have come across this, but all it takes is manually adding 4 APNs and your phone will work on Visible:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Visible/comments/ehdeik/unlocked_samsung_galaxy_notee_10_plus_purchased/

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

@gm2racer Yes i am well aware about this work-around solution I am currently using it now and since this is a work-around solution I am a bit worried  about E911 calling on VoLTE since this work-around did not go through certification process. It would be better if Samsung fully support the network for peace of mind.

Highlighted
Constellation

I have tested and I can confirm that the SM-N960U does in fact work on Visible wireless. 

Samsung Care Ambassador

@Bradleyser Did you manually put the APN or automatically configure when you put the sim card? and what does it say on the CSC of the network code?