cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

VoLTE icon appeared out of nowhere

I own a note 10 plus with Sprint. Just this morning I noticed this icon I've never seen before appear next to the LTE icon. The icon says VoLTE. I did some research and basically its better voice quality while on calls/being able to use the internet and apps while on calls. My question is why did this turn on automatically without me turning it on? why did it pop up just now? Did anyone else have this happen?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Comet

Re: VoLTE icon appeared out of nowhere

Hello@Lillypadpearl 

Sprint carrier has started an Open Mobile Alliance (OMA) campaign which will toggle the voice over to LTE (VoLTE – Voice and LTE) feature ON and change the Network Preference Mode from Wi-Fi to cellular starting on April 27, 2020.

In some areas with weak LTE coverage, some customers may need to toggle this feature OFF in order to achieve optimal mobile coverage for voice calls, messaging, and data services.

Note: If the user had previously toggled the setting to ON from OFF, the setting will not change back. The setting will only be changed, if the mode is still in its default state.

To toggle the VoLTE feature off follow these steps:

1. Navigate to Settings > Connections > Mobile Networks
  2. Toggle VoLTE calls to OFF

I Hope this was helpful.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Thank you for replying. Although I dont understand why someone would turn it off. I thought it was meant to make call quality clearer by using data bandwidth? Also what do you mean in you note. You can't turn it on if you turned it off already?

Highlighted
Comet

@Lillypadpearl 

Sorry for the confusion. If you turn off the VoLte feature, you can go back to settings and turn it on.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Mine did the same thing. It happened after this last update, but my husband's did not. Its weird since we have the same exact phones on the same bill. I also can not turn it off as there is no setting for it.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

It's also for you to be able to talk on the phone and still be able to use internet.