cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
useroNpQhmAy6b
Asteroid

Wallpaper Dimensions - Note 10+

Hello,

I'm trying to get a wallpaper for my Note 10+. I've copied it in a 1440x3040, 3040x3040, and various other resolutions (1080x3040, 1080x2000, etc.) I've set the display to 1440p. However, no matter what it appears to zoom in on the image in the center. Is there any setting or something which prevents this or some resolution which it recognizes as "leave it alone".?

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Wallpaper Dimensions - Note 10+

Is it zooming in a bunch or is it just the transition effect that makes it move around when you tilt your phone?

useroNpQhmAy6b
Asteroid

The image is say 1440x3040. However,  it is a black background with a small (about 700x700 pixels) object in the center. Under the gallery, I see the image "as is" with the centered face taking up about 25% of the screen.

As soon as I set it to a wallpaper.... it removes the back borders and enlarges the non-black picture in the center image until it covers the entire screen (and even clips it a bit). The 700x700 pixel image is enlarged until it is 200% (or so larger) and the black borders are completely gone.

---------

|             |

|     X     |

|             |

---------

becomes

---------

|X       X |

|     X      |

|X        X|

---------

A good way to check your image size or how it will fit your screen properly is to take the original image, go to edit from the gallery (pencil icon) tap on the square icon and select 'full'. If it crops the picture after that then you know the ratio is off. Be careful not to try different crop sizes first because cropping to another size only crops down that same image further, not the original if that makes sense. If you see it perfectly fit on the screen and then it comes out different, there may he something else wrong there. Is it a PNG file at all?

Highlighted
useroNpQhmAy6b
Asteroid

Hi RyNoteUser,

There is no "Full" option - only Free, Original, 1:1, 4:3, 16:9

I've tried each. Same thing. 

The image is a .jpeg.

I've tried it with a png also. :-(

A good way to check your image size or how it will fit your screen properly is to take the original image, go to edit from the gallery (pencil icon) tap on the square icon and select 'full'. If it crops it from there then it's not the right size.

Sorry, replied twice

userVhVbb3VZeq
Cosmic Ray

Go to reddit have nice wallpapers made for the note 10 plus