For quite a while now I've been getting 'Warning camera failed' this all started after a Samsung update. On a couple of occasions it has worked but only for a few minutes. I've tried different things recommended on the net. Clearing the cache and data used to work, but not anymore. Is there a chance of a fix from Samsung or do I go and buy an iPhone.
Are you using the stock camera app when this happens? Does this happen with any other app that uses the camera? Have you attempted to wipe the cache partition recently?
1. Turn off the device.
2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Bixby / Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Bixby / Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.