JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Watch movies full screen?

(Topic created: 09-30-2019 07:32 AM)
CBright
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Just wanted to know if there was a way to watch movies I have in my google movies library to playback full screen? I can tap the screen and hit the maximize button to enlarge the video, but it is still not full screen. Infact its the same for all video platforms EXCEPT YouTube for some reason. I even went to the "full screen apps" portion in settings and set certain apps to full screen. Doesn't work. Why have this phone with a beautiful large screen and not utilize it? I want to use every bit of it to enjoy movies. There's gotta be a way to do this right?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
CtrlZThis
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Had to switch to the members forum on the browser, the app wont let me reply again. 

Anyway to your issue.  

Google play movies wont allow a full screen setting for whatever reason but you can watch all of your  Google Play Movies in your youtube app which as you said, does allow full screen.  

Go to your YouTube app, tap Library on the bottom, then tap purchases and all of your Google Play Movies/TV shows will show up there.  You can watch them all your youtube app in full screen.  

It does keep the proportions of the video though so even though you'll be able to watch full screen side to side, your top and bottom will still have black bars and your camera punch out will be visible in the video.  

Hope that helps, at least as a fullscreen option  

View solution in context

4 Replies
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I would recommend reaching out to Google for further assistance with the full-screen function on their app.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Samsung_PhgM3Tb
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have the J7 Skypro, and have this issue to. My Galaxy S9+ will allow me to watch full screen movies, but this phone won't. Makes me wonder how smart this smartphone really is...lol

Solution
CtrlZThis
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Had to switch to the members forum on the browser, the app wont let me reply again. 

Anyway to your issue.  

Google play movies wont allow a full screen setting for whatever reason but you can watch all of your  Google Play Movies in your youtube app which as you said, does allow full screen.  

Go to your YouTube app, tap Library on the bottom, then tap purchases and all of your Google Play Movies/TV shows will show up there.  You can watch them all your youtube app in full screen.  

It does keep the proportions of the video though so even though you'll be able to watch full screen side to side, your top and bottom will still have black bars and your camera punch out will be visible in the video.  

Hope that helps, at least as a fullscreen option  

CBright
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

THANK YOU!!! That worked for me. I didn't know I could view my purchased movies from the youtube app. Thanks again.