cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CTAN1320
Asteroid

Weak signal.

So my Note 10+ is experiencing weak signal in places that I had no issues with on my S8+ that I upgraded from. Has a tone figured out any solutions?

2 REPLIES 2
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Weak signal.

Rather than the phone having poor reception, the actual issue is that your phone is linked to a distant tower: dbm values will corroborate this angle. To fix this I disabled Band 2+66. According to a tower map there's no close cell site with either, which is reflected by network values. My phone works much better at home with 12, 46 and 71. 

The first thing you have to do is find a list of all bands provided by your carrier. After that enter the band menu by dialing *#2263# (star-pound-BAND-pound) from the phone app. You can manually disable bands for 2G, 3G, and LTE. 

There's a good chance band preference and calibration are different between the S8 and N10, since they're years apart. For example 66 and 71 don't exist on the S8. So current gen phones have newer bands to consider. 

If my reply has aided your issue please consider liking it. If the problem is solved you may pick it as a solution.
Black Hole

Re: Weak signal.

@CTAN1320 wrote:

So my Note 10+ is experiencing weak signal in places that I had no issues with on my S8+ that I upgraded from. Has a tone figured out any solutions?

You have an unlocked Note10?  Which carrier?

Similar thread: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Note10/Galaxy-Note-10-All-models-All-Carriers-Weak-Signal-Issues...