cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

White light at the bottom of the screen of samsung galaxy note 10 plus

It started when i adjust the brightness of the screen then the white light bar at the bottom appears. I try to safe mode still the same. When off hard time to open all black screen. Try to clear cache as shown but when off and press up volume and power button its turn black no logo show or anything and hard to open it again. Hope somebody help me need this phone for call for my oncall duty

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: White light at the bottom of the screen of samsung galaxy note 10 plus

Hello!

Could you please provide me with a picture of the symptom you are experiencing? 

Also, I would recommend trying to wipe the cache partition. When performing the steps press on the volume up first and then hold the power/bixby key. Here are the steps to wipe the cache partition.

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Bixby / Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Bixby / Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.

Let me know if this helped!

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: White light at the bottom of the screen of samsung galaxy note 10 plus

I have same problem. tired both remedies, no chnage. this is the result of an update gone wrong. 

also affects my home screen. After recieving a phone call and hanging up, the screen goes black instead of returning to home screen. i have to reopen screen to get access to phone screen. also when i use pwoer key to lock screen, it goes completely black and bar of light goes off butt always on clock disappears as well.

Samsung, get this fixed ASAP or phone gets junked.

@SamsungMoon wrote:

Hello!

Could you please provide me with a picture of the symptom you are experiencing? 

Also, I would recommend trying to wipe the cache partition. When performing the steps press on the volume up first and then hold the power/bixby key. Here are the steps to wipe the cache partition.

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Bixby / Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Bixby / Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.

Let me know if this helped!