cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nick5
Asteroid

Wi-fit to 4G transition

I'm currently having issues with my Note 10+ 5g transitioning from wifi to 4g LTE. Whenever I leave my home (wifi) my phone doesn't pick up the 4g signal. It shows it's connected, but there is no connection and I have to restart the phone in order to reconnect. Anyone else having this problem?  

5 REPLIES 5
Honored Contributor

Re: Wi-fit to 4G transition

@Nick5 wrote:

I'm currently having issues with my Note 10+ 5g transitioning from wifi to 4g LTE. Whenever I leave my home (wifi) my phone doesn't pick up the 4g signal. It shows it's connected, but there is no connection and I have to restart the phone in order to reconnect. Anyone else having this problem?  

Are you using unlocked Note10 or carrier branded?

Which carrier do you have?

When you are at home and just turn off wifi, does your phone show 4G LTE or it just has the signal bars without the 4G wording?

Do you have LTE Discovery app installed?  If not, go to play store and install it.  Take screenshot when on mobile data(wifi off)

Nick5
Asteroid

My phone is an unlocked Verizon galaxy note 10 plus 5g. When I turn wifi off the signal still shows that I'm connected to 4g LTE, but there is no actual connection (all websites show offline even after refreshing the page).
20190917_031127.jpg

20190917_030926.jpg

I currently live in Japan and am on NTT Docomo's network which is GSM. I was using an Unlocked Verizon Note 8 for years and didn't experience this issue if that helps at all.

Attached are two screenshots of when it shows a connection when it works and when there is no actual connection.
Honored Contributor

Hmm.  Have you checked: settings>connections>mobile networks and check network mode and access point names.  Three should be NTT's settings.  Check to see if all looks proper.

Possibly APN isn't correct and you may need to contact NTT Docomo for their settings or find them online.  Then you could go to access point names and hit + sign to add settings yourself.(good way to test).  You won't need to add every setting for testing purposes.  Fill out name and APN, unless something else is required for that carrier.

You could alternatively choose "reset to defaults" that will reset the settings of that carrier.  Since this is a Verizon model and I never had it, I don't know if all options/settings are the same

Nick5
Asteroid

Ok so I compared the settings to my wife's phone and they are the same, but only my phone has this issue, but what I did find interesting today was that I can still use the connection for the mobile hotspot with no issue. It's almost like the phone forgets that it can use that same connection to connect itself to the internet if that makes sense at all lol.

Haganjeff
Cosmic Ray

Yep, I leave my house with my Verizon LTE 2 Network Extender and it wants to fall to 3G almost everytime. I have restarted and airplane mode toggled more with this phone than my past 10 phones.