JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

WiFi Calling on AT&T

(Topic created: 01-07-2020 06:23 AM)
TheArabKnight
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I Pre-ordered Galaxy Note 10+ (Unlocked) to use with AT&T.

Will I have the WiFi calling on it?

5 Replies
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@TheArabKnight 

Unfortunately I have some bad news for you, there is no Wi-Fi calling with AT&T. I have the unlocked Note10+ for a few days now, and no VoLTE, HD Voice or Wi-Fi Calling is supported.

I was able to set up the visual voicemail thought, mobile hotspot and call protect.

Geno

Don't forget to give this post a Like by clicking on the ❤ icon below. 
And if it answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution"

userTJS9ujEnqw
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Is anybody else from Samsung support that can explain why the ATT does not want to enable WiFi calling and VolTe features for unlocked NOte 10 +?

I spend more than 10 hours on call with both support and they just troll the ball each other.  T- Mobile, and Verizon does not have this problem. 

Obviously is the negotiation between Samsung and AT&T to push customers to buy att brand Samsung phones! That is not loyal. 

Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@userTJS9ujEnqw 

No, not so obvious. Samsung support has nothing to do with this, please stop wasting their time. And AT&T doesn't want to enable it, whatever their reason is, we can only speculate, and it's a waste of time as well. The feature is blocked on the software level, and AT&T sets up their own network profile to only allow wi-fi calling on AT&T branded devices.

Don't forget to give this post a Like by clicking on the ❤ icon below. 
And if it answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution"

userkVHDMonRCS
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Found this link on att site. Dated for February 2020. Looks like alot of Samsung devices have Partial or full coverage of functionalities. 

Recently discovered this on call with att when trying to get my LG V40 WiFi calling enabled and they listed off a bunch of unlocked Samsung phones as having capabilities for WiFi calling. 

https://www.att.com/ecms/dam/att/consumer/help/pdf/Service-Capabilities-Unlocked-Devices-ATT-Network...