cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SARCtech
Asteroid

WiFi calling preferences auto changing

I have posted about WiFi calling before and all the problems I had with getting it working reliably.  While the latest September software update has greatly improved the reliability of WiFi calling for me there is still a very annoying problem that persists.

Almost daily I get a message that my WiFi calling preferences have been automatically update to "optimize network performance".  I don't need or want these settings updates to occur like this.  Each and every time it is changing my WiFi calling preference from "WiFi Preferred" to "mobile network preferred".  I then have to go back into the settings and put it back to WiFi preferred.  I put it on WiFi preferred and I want it to stay there permanently.  Anytime I have WiFi I want my calls to go over the WiFi and only use the mobile network when WiFi is unavailble.

Is there a way to stop the phone from constantly changing my settings automatically this way?  This is very annoying and if I don't catch it and change the setting I get constant dropped calls until I change the setting back.

TIA

20191010_173652.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 10 + (Unlocked)
Network: Mint Mobile MVNO (T-Mobile Network)
3 REPLIES 3
SARCtech
Asteroid

Re: WiFi calling preferences auto changing

This is still a problem.  I submitted feedback via the samsung members app.  They had me change a setting but that did not resolve the problem.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 10 + (Unlocked)
Network: Mint Mobile MVNO (T-Mobile Network)
user1mZtpu4dL0
Astronaut

TOTALLY AGREE with OP....this is an "optimization" I don't want.

@SARCtech wrote:

This is still a problem.  I submitted feedback via the samsung members app.  They had me change a setting but that did not resolve the problem.

NMK
Constellation

I m having the same issue. I never had this issue when I was using ATT sim card. And been seeing this since I switched to Google Fi. I was wondering if it's something Google is doing to use their Network rather than WiFi?