cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usercj0CVCLfQ3
Asteroid

Wide screen

I have the Note 10. In settings you can set which apps should always be in wide screen mode. For example, I want all my videos in YouTube to be full screen. But, I've noticed that I still have to expand them. Yes, I've restarted my phone. I've also noticed with messaging, I'd I set a number as default, each and every time I'm asked to st the default. Any suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Wide screen

YouTube expands to full screen without clipping the picture. This means that most videos are shown in 16:9. When the Note 10 is in landscape mode, this leaves the edges with black bars since the Note 10 screen is 19:9 ratio. If you expand the YouTube screen to eliminate those black bars, you will clip content off the top and bottom of the screen. 

usercj0CVCLfQ3
Asteroid

Yes, I understand how it works. I want it to be the default setting. Even though I set it to default, it still requires me to expand the screen every time.

Samsung Care Ambassador

Sounds like you want the default to be "no black bars, clip the content off". I don't think that option is available. 

When the 16:9 ration first starting to appear you saw a lot of TVs offer the "fill screen" option. I think that option has disappeared because people didn't want to lose content that was clipped off and the resulting pixelation from zooming the picture. 

Highlighted
Samsung_4co3rZ6
Astronaut

Is it available on Note10+ ?

Samsung Care Ambassador

@Samsung_4co3rZ6 wrote:

Is it available on Note10+ ?

Note 10 and Note 10+ have the same screen ratio so act the same in this regard.