cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Wireless charging paused

I purchased note 10 plus and wireless charges , few seconds after placing phone on charging pad " wireless fast charging paused "message come up and wont charged my phone , I updated everything and cleared catch but problem still remaining.

Any idea where the problem coming from ? 

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Wireless charging paused

It's possible samsung is testing something like what apple is doing. iPhones are now set to recognize when you normally plug your phone in at night and unplug it the next morning, as long as you unplug at a regular time it will stop charging during the night and resume so that your phone reaches 100% right before you wake up. Companies have pushed out silent updates accidentally in the past, without any explanation and Samsung has gotten a bit crazy over batteries since the Note 7.

Highlighted
Constellation

Do you have a magnet on the back of the phone or case while charging?

Highlighted
Astronaut

Highlighted
Constellation

Try using the wss.pad with a wall charger from an old Samsung phone version (if you had one before - like an Note or S6,7,8) that is marked with Adaptive Fast Charging. 

I`ve bought an original Samsung Wireless Charger Pad last week for my S7 Edge (it said on the ad that was for S9) - and I've got the same message like you and phone stop charging over wireless mode

I've discovered that switching the power wall brick to the one that was in the original box of S7 Edge (which had the stamp of manufacture for year 2017) works now like a charm. The wall power adapter from the box of the Wireless Charger pad was stamped 2019. That one I`m using now for the cable charging, with no problems. 

For me, now all works fine - cable and wireless. 

Hope this info helps you.

VF
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Have you tried a different wireless charger (also cord, and adapter)?

Highlighted
Constellation

Turn off "fast Charging"

Settings>battery>fast charging

then your wireless charging will work fine.