Original topic:

edge panel crashing down etc?

(Topic created: 11-30-2020 08:43 AM)
CatieBug
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Hey to all my curved screen users!

Has anyone else been experiencing major problems with your edge panel disappearing, crashing, even in your main settings trying to open edge panel settings to go into it? My edge is crashing, hardly opens and when it does it is causing my keyboard and everything else to lag, freeze and crash? 

With it being a Samsung setting I cant Uninstall and reinstall it to try to fix. I've sent error reports to Samsung. Idk if its part of the beta 2.5 or what? It literally just started last night for no reason..
And even restarting the phone didn't do anything..

Just trying to see if it's just me or everyone.
I've got tue note 10+.

Thank you! 
1 Reply
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thank you for reaching out. Have you tried clearing the cache for the edge panels?

Give these steps a try: Go to settings > apps > edge screen > tap on force stop > then tap on storage and clear the cache

Next, I would recommend wiping the cache partition on your device. The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly. Give these steps a try: 

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Bixby / Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Bixby / Power key to select.
  8. When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.