cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

google maps not navigating

While using google maps (or any other map app) my phone can find my current location but as soon as I start navigation I will either lose gps signal or nothing will happen at all. Sometimes it will even say im in a different location. I have sent in my phone twice only to be told nothing is wrong but my maps still won't navigate! No settings were changed after it was sent back and i have no issues with any other phone I have tried! 

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: google maps not navigating

I have the same issue. it started about 2 months ago after one of the updates. most of the time navigation will just suddenly stop without warning while I'm driving and I have to restart navigation before it'll work

this is on a Note 8
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Re: google maps not navigating

the same thing happens to me. I usually have to restart maps or disable location from the drop down menu then re-enable it.
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: google maps not navigating

try to update google map if its not already on a lastest version.

Highlighted
Astronaut

I've tried updating Google Maps, deleting cache, deleting data, uninstalling/reinstalling ... nothing "solves" this problem that began after an update a few months ago. Even the battery draining Waze misbehaves and loses GPS signal!

I hope the issue is resolved; it's having a negative affect on my premium Samsung product satisfaction.
Highlighted
Constellation

Being in warranty I sent it back a total of 3 times, the second time they took the software off and reinstalled it which did not work. They said they couldn't find anything wrong and it was working fine. So I had screen recordings of what was happening and they finally sent me a replacement, hoping there is no more issues!