cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Astronaut

is there a manual download for note 10 one ui 3.0

Is there any files for note 10 series one ui 3.0? I mean I have seen them but they say note 10+. But is it also dangerous to do this? And if anything bad can happen, how common or rare is it to happen?
8 REPLIES 8
Nebula

Re: is there a manual download for note 10 one ui 3.0

The 3.0 Beta is currently only on korea, if you choose to download it manually you are risking bricking your device, which is permanent damage and will just keep the phone on a reboot loop. I would say wait till they open it up to your region.
Constellation

Asteroid

yes wait: i simply changed my User name in profile and they unregistered my device 😊
So wait for official invite. Besides there have been some setbacks with horrid battery drain heating up etc.. so let the kinks roll a lil longer ..
it is coming soon.
Galaxy

I thought about doing that too but I also saw that once you do it manually then it will be harder to receive more updates in the future and could also risk ruininh your phone software permission

The problem is that such firmware is written for a very specific model of phone. If you try to install the wrong firmware on your phone, best case is the firmware will recognize it and halt the installation. Worst case is you have endless conflicts, as your phone will try to behave like a different model. If your phone boots up at all, it will be one issue after another and you would likely end up shipping your phone to Samsung for a factory image rewrite. Nothing inexpensive, to be sure. Patience is a virtue.
Explorer

Re: Re: is there a manual download for note 10 one ui 3.0

actually you could hard brick the device if you push things like the wrong recovery or bootloader

Re: Re: Re: is there a manual download for note 10 one ui 3.0

Very possible ("hard brick" means a total failure of the phone from which recovery is impossible, resulting in a very expensive brick), although unsigned firmware would be blocked by the bootloader and flashing the incorrect recovery image SHOULD be recognized and blocked by the device. It's still a really horrible idea to just download and install things without triple-checking the version and its compatibility with the device.
Galaxy

just wait for the stable rollout which is going to be in December starting with the S20 and Note 20